Head Teacher - Kirkleatham Hall School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 26/02/2020 16:00
£66,517 - £77,818 per annum
Schools - Teaching
Kirkleatham Hall School
Job Start: 1st September 2020
Salary: School Group 6, Leadership Points 21 to 27
Location: Kirkleatham Village, Redcar, Cleveland
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
We have many reasons to be proud of our existing services for children, young people and their families in Redcar and Cleveland.
We have a passionate workforce who are committed to supporting children and young people to feel safe, healthy, happy and ready to learn and achieve. We respect everyone as equally valued members of our community by listening to their views and using their opinions to help shape our services.
Are you the right person to help us to develop a brighter future for our children?
If you share the ethos of Redcar and Cleveland’s Children and Families Directorate, this could be the opportunity you are looking for.
Exceptional Opportunity, owing to the retirement of our current Head Teacher we are seeking to appoint a committed, enthusiastic and focused leader who can take the school forward to the next stages of continued development and improvement.
This popular school is located in a semi-rural area on the outskirts of the coastal town of Redcar. Kirkleatham Village is a small village with a small number of residential properties, museum, owl centre, and a recently opened walled garden. The school was built on the former land where Kirkleatham Hall stood, and the stables for the hall still stand opposite the front of school. Kirkleatham Hall School is a special school meeting children’s special educational and disability needs aged from 2 to 19. The school sits within the borough of Redcar and Cleveland, and remains a successful maintained school of the local authority.
The school has had a number of developments to the site and building in the last 6 years, and will continue to develop the school for the benefit of its learners.
If you have suitable experience, a proven track record and the vision to lead our school forward we would very much like to hear from you.
We can offer:
• enthusiastic, friendly and happy children who are keen to learn
• a dedicated and experienced team of staff
• governors who are supportive, ambitious and committed to the school
• strong links with the wider school community
• opportunities for professional development
• a well managed school which is financially stable
• membership of the Federation of Leaders Special Education
We are looking for a Head Teacher who has:
• a passionate commitment to develop learning and excellence for all our children
• a clear strategic vision based on strong educational values
• the ability to lead, challenge, motivate, and inspire all members of the school community
• excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• the ability to foster positive relationships and a caring and inclusive ethos within the school
• the ability to move the school forward, building on current success and ensuring a culture of challenge and high expectations through a rich and diverse curriculum
• a commitment to broadening wider opportunities for learners, such as residentials, sports, work experiences
• a flexible and adaptable approach to working with all aspects of the school community.
Kirkleatham Hall School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to Enhanced DBS certificate along with other relevant employment checks.
Governors strongly encourage and welcome visits to school by prior arrangement. You are asked to contact the existing headteacher, Karen Robson at the school on 01642 483009 to arrange a visit.
Applications should be made on the schools application form which can be downloaded from the school website, North East Jobs page, and the Time Education Supplement (TES). You will also find a job pack containing job description, person specification and school information. An application pack can also be sent out to you by contacting the school on 01642 483009.
Completed forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to the school at: Kirkleatham Hall School, Kirkleatham Village, Redcar, TS10 4QR
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 26th February 2020 at 4.00pm
Shortlisting will take place on Monday 2nd March 2020
Interviews will be held on Monday 9th and Tuesday 10th March 2020.
Only successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Attachments: Chair of Governors Letter, Job Description, Person Specification,
Application Form, School Information
This job is closed for applications.