Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 14/02/2020 23:59
£16,970.61 - £18,008.7 per annum
Schools - Support
Bishopton Pupil Referral Unit is a complex PRU of Stockton-on-Tees Local Authority. It takes pupils from Key Stage 2, 3 & 4 from the whole of Stockton authority. It comprises of two separate sites, Bishopton who work together as one single PRU. The PRU takes referrals from 60 primary schools and 13 secondary schools. There are currently 85 on roll. Bishopton received a grade of good, by Ofsted, in June 2017. We are now on an exciting journey to be an outstanding school with a clear strategic vision for moving forward.
We wish to appoint an innovative and inspiring Cover Supervisor, with experience of effectively managing and engaging children with challenging behaviour and ensuring good progress. You will be expected to be able to plan, implement and deliver a personalised curriculum for KS3 and KS4 pupils in a range of subjects including Maths, English and PSHE.
The successful candidate will:
- Have successful teaching experience with pupils with a wide range of SEND.
- Be able to demonstrate experience of planning and delivering a personalised curriculum.
- Monitor, track and assess pupil progress to improving the quality of learning through the use of data and personal growth through the knowledge of pupil's developmental needs.
- Be a consistently good/outstanding practitioner
- Be committed, flexible and able to motivate students of all abilities.
- Be passionate about developing the whole child.
- Be up to date with curriculum developments.
- Be excited by the opportunities presented by different learning methodologies and new technologies.
- Have the ability to stimulate curiosity, interest and enjoyment in subject area.
- Demonstrate creative teaching skills and a professional approach.
- Have high expectations of pupils.
- Have the determination to raise pupil achievement.
- To undertake the professional duties outlined above by having regard to national standards.
This is a particularly challenging role and the successful candidate must be committed to creating a positive learning environment no matter what barriers they may face. You will need a high level of resilience and a commitment to working as an emotionally intelligent team to support vulnerable children.
If you wish to discuss the position or find out more about working in a PRU, please contact Mrs Carr (Headteacher) for an informal chat. An application pack can be obtained from Claire Fletcher via email; firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be returned to the PRU by 12 noon on the closing date.
Bishopton PRU, Marsh House Avenue, Billingham, Stockton-On-Tees, TS23 3HB
Tel: (01642) 566369
Head Teacher: Emily Carr
This job is closed for applications.