Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£34,788.00 - £37,849.00 Annually
Hours per week:
37 hours per week
We are looking for someone with real dynamism to drive Darlington Libraries forward as we embark upon an exciting future. A £2.9M capital investment in our Central Library will focus on celebrating the heritage of our Crown Street building whilst retaining and developing new audiences for the future.
A commitment to delivering excellent customer service is fundamental for this role. We are looking for someone with great people skills, a background in programming and engagement and a real enthusiasm for working with the public.
You will be responsible for developing and managing Crown Street and Cockerton Libraries and all outreach library services, encompassing Lending, Reference, Children and Events, the Home Library Service, ICT, Local Studies and Stock Services.
As the strategic lead for the Service you would further develop a dynamic engagement programme for visitors, as well as having a real focus on digital inclusion. Partnership working with a whole range of organisations is crucial to the future development of the Service and you will play a lead role here.
In return, the rewards for working at the Council will go beyond the salary you will receive with numerous additional benefits such as:
- 31 days annual leave, plus public holidays and the option to purchase 5 more.
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexi Time Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity and Adoption Leave Payments
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme in partnership with Halfords
- Access to Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services
- Regular health and wellbeing initiatives
- Reduced membership to the Dolphin Centre's 'Fit 4 Life' package
For detailed information on this role, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
For a further informal discussion, please contact Mike Crawshaw, Head of Culture and Heritage, on 01325 405703.