Teacher of Business Studies and Related Subjects (2 posts)
Please See Advert Text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
MPS: £24,373 - £35,971 per annum, depending on relevant teaching experience.
Hours per week:
Full time as in accordance with the Teachers' Pay and Conditions Document.
Schools - Teaching
Gosforth Academy, Knightsbridge, Great North Road, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 2JH.
This school has Academy status and is part of The Gosforth Group; the employer will be the Multi Academy Trust.
Great North Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
1 x Full time, Permanent
1 x Full time, Fixed Term for one year until 31 August 2021
Start date: September 2020.
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust consisting of four schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Jesmond Park Academy) committed to providing a superb education for pupils from Year 5 through to Year 13.
Gosforth Academy is a successful school which was rated ‘outstanding’ in its most recent Ofsted inspection. We are seeking an inspirational, dynamic and industrious Teacher of Business to join a successful department in an exciting phase of the Academy’s development.
You will contribute to teaching across a range of courses as part of our highly successful Business and Enterprise teaching and learning team.
What we need:
• An outstanding practitioner
• A passion for the subject
• The ability to secure excellent achievement across all key stages
• An ability to work effectively within a supportive team environment
• Consistently high expectations of pupils and yourself
• A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum.
• A relentless drive to secure the best possible outcomes for students of all abilities
• Excellent communication and ICT skills.
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
• Enthusiastic and motivated students
• Excellent career development opportunities
• An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
• A large, vibrant Sixth form
• A school with its community at heart
• Low cost membership of an on-site gym and excellent sports facilities
• An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
Please email your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org (or if you have any queries). Alternatively visit our website www.gosforthacademy.org.uk.
Closing date is 09:00 on Tuesday 25 February 2020.