Community Safety Advocate
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 29/03/2020 23:59
Youth / Community / Leisure Services
Middlesbrough Community Fire station and Cleveland Fire Brigade area
Job Title: Community Safety Advocate
Hours: 18.5 hours per week
Salary: £22,462- £24,799 (Starting Salary £22,462 pro rata)
Location: Middlesbrough Community Fire Station, 115 Park Road South, Middlesbrough, TS5 6LG.
Cleveland Fire Brigade’s Community Safety Department is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated individual to join us as a Community Safety Advocate.
The main duties of this role will be to deliver domestic safety advice to the community including the provision of home fire safety visits and the generation of referrals. You will work within the community with a wide range of partners delivering risk reduction initiatives to vulnerable members of the public. Knowledge of safeguarding legislation and procedures is essential for this post along with understanding of local health issues and support available.
This role is based at our, Middlesbrough Hub at Middlesbrough Community Fire Station, but will also include travel to different locations within the local community.
Working at Cleveland Fire Brigade you will be joining an organisation with firm values and a strong ethos of team work.
As a member of our great team you will have access to a variety of benefits:
• Flexible working with our annualised hours system
• Membership of the Local Government career average pension scheme
• Family friendly policies to help you manage your home and work life balance
• Free access to up to date on-site gyms
• Support when you may need it from the Fire Fighters Charity
• Discounts from local and national chains / suppliers with your Blue Light Card
• 24/7 Employee Assistance line plus excellent occupational health services
• Free parking at any of our sites
To apply please complete an application form and email your completed form to email@example.com. For any queries please contact the Human Resources Department on 01429 874019.
Closing Date: 29th March 2020
Assessment: 6th April 2020
Interview: 17th April 2020
Applicants who have not been contacted by 2nd April 2020 should assume they have been unsuccessful.
This job is closed for applications.