Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Manual / Trades / Transport
Tyne & Wear Fire & Rescue Services Baltic Road, Gateshead,NE10 0SB
TRANSPORT TECHNICIAN (LGV) £24,799 (plus Standby payment) + Benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified and experienced Commercial Vehicle Technician with experience of the maintenance and repair of heavy goods vehicles, light vehicles and/or plant.
You will be part of a team responsible for the inspection, maintenance, service and repair of the Service’s appliance and vehicle fleet, ladders and ancillary equipment.
The Service values and respects the diversity of its employees, and aims to recruit a workforce that represents the communities we serve. We welcome applications irrespective of people’s race, disability, gender, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity.
- A relevant Mechanical qualification.
- Proven experience in a work environment of diagnosing and rectifying faults including those present in electrical/electronic systems fitted to modern vehicles and plant.
- Ability to undertake all types of mechanical repairs including hydraulics, diesel and petrol engines, automatic transmissions, retarders, full air braking systems, ABS and traction control systems
- Ability to fabricate basic components using a variety of materials, including metal and wood.
- Excellent Communication and IT skills
- Ability to work consistently and to deadlines whilst producing good quality work.
What we can offer you
The Technical Services Centre is a purpose built facility on Baltic Road in Gateshead, with easy access from all main routes. On site facilities include a canteen (self-service) gym and free parking. The role also benefits from an attractive package, starting at 22 days holiday, increasing with service and public holidays, Flexible Working, Local Government Pension Scheme and access to a range of social and volunteering opportunities.
Closing date: Friday 3 April 2020 January 2020
Interviews and Assessments 8-9 April