Support Worker - Reablement
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Hours per week:
Various hours are available, all contracted hours include travel time
Social Care - Adult Service
Darlington Borough Council’s is launching an exciting and innovative new service which will assist individuals to regain and maximise their independence and skills by providing specialist short term support within their own home, using a strengths based approach.
We have recently recruited enthusiastic and motivated Team Leaders who will provide support and guidance to staff in developing the skills required to implement a strength based approach. If you are looking for a fresh challenge this position presents a great opportunity to develop your skills to make a meaningful difference to people’s lives. We are looking to recruit individuals with the ability to follow a goal focused support plan in enabling the individual to achieve their best outcome.
In return you will receive numerous additional benefits such as:
• Comprehensive Formal Induction Programme including work shadowing
• Competitive holidays
• Uniform and Health & Safety Equipment
• Regular management supervision
• Ongoing training and development
• Travel Expenses paid
• DBS fees paid by Council
• Contracted hours are paid in full
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Cycle to Work Scheme in partnership with Halfords
• Access to Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services
• Regular health and wellbeing initiatives
• Reduced membership to the Dolphin Centre’s ‘Fit 4 Life’ package
We provide support services 7 days per week, working on a shift / rota basis (shifts include bank holidays and weekends). Working between the hours of 7.30am and 10pm.
Please ensure you refer to the Job Description and please answer the essential and desirable criteria in the Person Specification when completing the Personal Statement on the application form, as this information is used to select candidates for interview.
For a further informal discussion, please contact Kim Gibson, Reablement Team Leader, on 01325 342111 or 07384537102.
An online application form and further information are available from www.darlington.gov.uk/job-vacancies. Alternatively, you can contact Xentrall Recruitment Services, Tel: (01642) 526992 or email: email@example.com