Please See Advert Text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 20/04/2020 23:59
£24,373 - £40,490 per annum
Schools - Teaching
1 Permanent and 1 Temporary Post – for a 1 year to start on 1 September 2020.
Would you like to progress your career in a school that is one of the highest performing secondary schools and sixth forms in the Tees Valley and North East? Would you like to be part of a school community that not only provides an exceptional educational experience but also has a well renowned supportive pastoral ethos? Would you like to work in a school which has been graded as 'Outstanding' in three consecutive Ofsted inspections? Would you also like to work in a school with fantastic facilities which is located near the picturesque town of Yarm and close to the beautiful Cleveland Hills?
Egglescliffe is an oversubscribed, successful mixed comprehensive 11 - 18 school. Our visitors comment on the extremely positive learning atmosphere at the school and the focus on every student achieving and exceeding their potential.
The school was rated "Outstanding" by Ofsted in both 2008 and 2013. We also hold the following national awards:
- Ofsted Outstanding School Status
- Sport England Sportsmark
- Healthy School Award
- National Teaching School
- National Support School
We seek to appoint a well-qualified, dynamic and inspirational teacher for Mathematics who has high aspirations and the enthusiasm, energy and commitment to work with our successful, supportive Mathematics team. We strive to develop the very best practice in teaching and learning and create inspirational learning experiences for all of our students. The successful candidate would, likewise, be committed to the development of themselves and others. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with the passion and enthusiasm to contribute to the development of our innovative and exciting curriculum, striving for outstanding progress at every level.
Applications are invited from inspirational teachers who can demonstrate:
- they are enthusiastic and committed teacher with vision, drive and commitment
- a passion for developing student engagement and educational progress
- an innovative approach to teaching and learning and model excellence in the classroom
- they are proficient in planning, assessment and target setting so that all children make good or better progress
- an ability to motivate and inspire students to achieve their full potential
- have the skills to make a significant impact on raising the quality of teaching and learning
- they are committed to raising achievement and standards
- hold a relevant teaching qualification and QTS
- have recent experience / knowledge of teaching at Key Stages 3 and 4 Mathematics
- have experience of teaching mathematics to Key Stage 5 is desirable but not essential
What Egglescliffe School can offer you:
- An inclusive, successful and outstanding school
- Friendly, well-motivated and enthusiastic students
- Professional and rewarding opportunities
- An opportunity to work with a collaborative team that is passionate about the progress and development of every student
- A welcoming, warm and supportive staff team
- Excellent CPD opportunities at all levels
For further information about the role and to download an application form, please visit www.egglescliffe.org.uk and send your completed application with a 1500 word covering letter to:
Mr S White, Headteacher, Egglescliffe School, Urlay Nook Road, Egglescliffe, Stockton-on- Tees. TS16 0LA or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 8.30am on the closing date.
This job is closed for applications.