P117747 - Head Teacher - Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School Byermoor
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
ISR L 12 - L18 £53,856 - £62,426 per annum
Hours per week:
Schools - Teaching
Sacred Heart Catholic Primay School Byermoor
Required for 1st September 2020
The Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle
Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School, Byermoor, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE16 6NU
The Directors of the Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust wish to appoint an experienced and successful school leader for Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School. This is an exciting opportunity for an existing Head, or a senior leader looking for their first headship, within the supportive environment of a Catholic Multi-Academy trust. Applications are invited from practising and committed Catholic teachers.
Sacred Heart has been educating children from its community since 1873. In the school we seek to create an inclusive community where everybody is valued and nurtured. People routinely comment on the friendly atmosphere that exists in the school but they also notice that it has a great sense of purpose.
In September 2015, Ofsted graded the school outstanding in every area and in November 2016 it was awarded National Support School Status. The staff and school community were also extremely proud to be commended by Parliament in February 2017 for producing standards in the top 1% of schools in England and Wales.
At Sacred Heart the staff and governors are committed to the achievement of every single child regardless of his or her ability. The children not only develop a growth mindset but make exceptional progress from their starting points and achieve outstanding results.
We truly believe that working in partnership with families is everything – when we welcome the child, we welcome the family. We are fortunate that Sacred Heart is set in one of the most beautiful parts of Gateshead which borders County Durham. It is a first class environment with outstanding facilities.
We are looking for someone who:
* Places the development of faith at the heart of the community and continues to develop the Catholic life of our children in partnership with our local parish Sacred Heart Byermoor;
* Working with the Governing Body, develops and communicates compellingly the school’s vision and whose strategic leadership empowers all pupils and staff to excel;
* Understands how children learn and the development of an engaging, imaginative and challenging curriculum which is rooted in the context in which the children live;
* Works effectively in partnership with parents and the local community.
We can offer:
* A school that is at the heart of the local community;
* Children who are eager and willing to learn and confident in their school environment;
* A unified and skilled team which is unwavering in its determination to excel;
* Governors who are committed to supporting and challenging the school to secure the best outcomes for children;
* A school that is part of a multi-academy trust of high calibre schools, offering opportunities for support and sharing of good practice and resources.
If you wish to be part of our ‘outstanding’ future, we look forward to hearing from you!
Application forms can be downloaded from the vacancy page of the Trust Partnership website and the school website.
Applications should be returned by email or post no later than noon on Friday 3rd April 2020, to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Lucy Saint, HR Manager, St Thomas More Catholic School Croftdale Road, Blaydon-on-Tyne. NE21 4BQ
Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School and the Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. If successful you will be required to apply for an enhanced Disclosure.