DBS575/20 Teaching Assistants - Beacon Hill School
Please See Advert Text
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£16,578.39 - £17,631.46 pa
Schools - Support
Beacon Hill School, Rising Sun Cottages, Wallsend, NE28 9JW
Beacon Hill School are looking for a number of enthusiastic and outstanding practitioners to join us as Teaching Assistants for the next academic year; who are experienced, enthusiastic and caring.
This will be to provide support to all of our teachers and pupils including those who need specific help to overcome barriers to learning and have complex needs. Experience of working within a SEND school setting with PMLD background is desirable. You must have a commitment to raising standards in our school with drive, enthusiasm and resilience to join our successful and supportive teaching team.
The role will involve providing positive handling for pupils including the management of behaviour, moving and handling, feeding and personal care, assisting in the development and implementation of appropriate behaviour management strategies. You must have the care and dedication to ensure that every child reaches their full potential. Applicants should have a positive outlook and be able to work effectively as a team
The successful candidate will demonstrate
• Knowledge and understanding of the needs of pupils
• The ability to support the raising of standards of these pupils through curriculum development, rigorous professional review and development
• The ability to contribute to accurate records and the use of data
• The ability to work as a member of a team with educational and other professionals, both from within and outside the school
• Be committed to improving the provision offered to our students through rigorous professional self-review and development
• Is resilient and able to focus on finding solutions to the issues and problems experienced in any school.
These vacancies are a mixture of permanent and fixed term, 37 hours per week, term time only over 195 days.
Beacon Hill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant employment checks deemed appropriate.
If you are interested in applying please email email@example.com to request a pack.
Closing date for applications is the 05th June 2020.