Non Supervisory Caretaker - two positions available
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 05/06/2020 12:00
£9.36 per hour 20 hours per week
Building Maintenance / Caretaking
We are looking to appoint 2 experienced Non-Supervisory Caretakers to work across both of our sites, which are based in Ashington and Blyth. We wish to appoint as soon as all the relevant clearances have been made.
You will be required to:
• Ensure self and colleagues comply with Health and Safety legislation and other school policies and procedures.
• Responsible for the security of the property and ensuring required access is available.
• Carry out mid-week lettings
• Responsible for holding up to 4 sets of keys (including base site) during periods of annual leave
• Ensure cleaning standards are maintained and undertake cleaning related tasks as required.
• Operation and maintenance of heating and associated tasks.
• Monitor usage of utilities (gas, electric etc.).
• Monitor and report the general condition of the property, undertake minor repairs and ensure routine maintenance /DIY tasks are carried out in a timely manner.
• Ensure that all ventilation, access and exit points operate effectively and that fire-fighting appliances are readily accessible and properly maintained.
• Ensure that external areas of the property are kept free from litter and debris, bins are emptied regularly and main access routes and agreed areas are kept clear of leaves, snow and ice.
• Undertake porterage tasks.
• Stock management, ordering of cleaning materials and assist with the receipt and safe storage of goods
• Ensure that all janitorial equipment is fit for purpose and properly maintained
• Attend training events as and when required.
May be required to provide cover at other sites and any other duties appropriate to the nature, level of the post and grade.
Any experience of driving the school minibus would also be an advantage.
Please see job description for further information.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.
An enhanced DBS check is required for this post.
Completed applications to be returned to:
The Dales School
This job is closed for applications.