Teaching Assistant - George Washington Primary School
Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 02/07/2020 23:59
Grade 2 scp 5 - 6 £18,795 - £19,171 pro rata
Schools - Support
George Washington Primary School
Oak Learning Trust
c/o George Washington Primary School
Well Bank Road Washington NE37 1NL
Tel: 0191 4906453
Executive Head Teacher: Dr Ailsa M Taylor
Head of School George Washington Primary: Mrs Laura McArdle
Head of School John F Kennedy: Ms Victoria Mellor
Teaching Assistant x 3 posts
(Grade 2 scp 5 – 6) – 37 hours per week – term time only from September 2020
The CEO and Trust Board of Oak Learning Trust seek to recruit 3 talented, adaptable and dedicated teaching
assistants to join our trust. These roles will be deployed at either George Washington Primary School or
John F Kennedy Primary School. Although based at one school, this appointment is to Oak Learning Trust and movement between Trust schools may be expected. This an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to develop their own teaching in a supportive and aspirational environment.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an outstanding and reflective practitioner with high expectations for all children.
• Be qualified to a minimum of NVQ level 3.
• Be proficient and knowledgeable in supporting children with special education needs and disabilities.
• Have an effective working knowledge of the curriculum and a good understanding or the principals of child development and learning process.
We can offer:
• A happy and successful school where the happiness, care and safety of our children is paramount to all that we do.
• Wonderful, motivated and excited children who are willing to learn, achieve, and be the best they can be.
• A warm, friendly and supportive staff team all of whom are dedicated to securing the best outcomes for our children.
We can offer you:
• Great children who are keen to learn and develop their school
• Friendly, supportive colleagues who are motivated to develop their school and work well together
• An excellent CPD programme linked to your needs
• Supportive governors and trustees who are keen to further improve our schools
• An excellent physical learning environment
• A unique opportunity to develop your career in a forward-looking trust.
Closing date: 2nd July 2020
Interviews: Week commencing 6th July 2020
Interviews may be conducted by video conference depending on government guidance at the time.
Job description, person specification and application forms are available online at www.gwps.org.uk
Please return completed forms to Amanda Barron, Office Manager, George Washington Primary School, at the above address.
These posts are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a DBS
check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Oak Learning Trust safeguards and protects its students and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Sunderland Local Safeguarding Board procedures.
This job is closed for applications.