DBS614/20 School Business Manager - St Mary’s RC Primary School
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 02/07/2020 12:00
£26,597.15 - £30,149.59 pa
Schools - Support
St Mary’s RC Primary School, Great Lime Road, Forest Hall, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 7AB
St Mary’s RC Primary School
Great Lime Road, Forest Hall,
Newcastle upon Tyne,
T: 0191 8142006
School Business Manager
Grade 9 (£26,597.15 - £30,149.59 pa)
Permanent Contract (commencing 1st September 2020)
Full-time (37 Hours per week)
This post is term time only over 195 days
The Governors of St Mary’s RC Primary are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly effective School Business Manager who will work alongside the Head Teacher, Governors and Senior Leadership Team.
We wish to appoint a motivated and proactive professional to strategically lead in the development and management of financial, personnel and premises matters. You will be responsible for preparing and presenting relevant reports to the Head Teacher, Governing Body and relevant external agencies in these areas. You will be responsible for managing procurement processes. You will have a good understanding of safeguarding and will oversee the management of school’s single central record and induction procedures for new staff and visitors in accordance with current legislation.
Whilst the successful candidate may have experience of working in a school, it is not essential to the post. Relevant training will be available where necessary.
The successful candidate will:
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Lead by example and demonstrate integrity, honesty, competence and diligence
• Have relevant experience in human resources, administration and finance
• Take full responsibility for planning, managing and monitoring all aspects the school’s finances
• Manage the school administrative function through planning, developing and monitoring administrative systems and procedures
• Arrange provision, analysis and evaluation of data and detailed report to the Senior Leadership Team and Governing Body
• Can analyse complex issues and provide sound advice to the Head Teacher and Governing Body
• Lead, develop and motivate teams to achieving successful objectives in meeting the varying needs of the school, staff and pupils
• Be able to assist with the management of health and safety issues
• Be innovative and skilled in using technology to enhance efficiency and effectiveness
• Be able to plan, prioritise and manage workload with a flexible and positive approach to meet deadlines
• Be a strong advocate for the school and its community, respecting and being supportive of the Catholic ethos of the school
We can offer you:
• A warm and welcoming school community with high aspirations for everyone
• Happy and delightful children who are keen to learn
• An enthusiastic, supportive and hard-working team of staff
• Active supportive Governors and parents
• A commitment to providing professional development and a network of support
Due to the current situation regarding social distancing/Covid 19, we are unable to facilitate visits to the school. Informal telephone discussions with Mrs S Foster (Head Teacher) prior to completing an application can be organised by telephoning the school office to make an appointment.
If you wish to receive an application pack, please email or call our school office on the contact details above and they will be happy to assist you.
Interviews will be conducted via Zoom/Microsoft Teams and will include a presentation and task to complete on the interview day.
The governing body and the Diocese are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and the Headteacher must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard them. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced check for Regulated Activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date: Thursday 2nd July 2020 (12 noon)
Shortlisting: Friday 3rd July
Interviews: Week Beginning Monday 6th July
This job is closed for applications.