Catering Assistant (Temporary)
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 10/08/2020 08:30
£17,364 - £17,711 FTE (pro rata £6,498 to £6,628)
Catering / Cleaning
Salary – £17,364 - £17,711 per annum FTE
16 hours per week; term time only; temporary until 31 December 2020
Pro rata to weeks and hours worked: £6,498-£6,628
Main areas of responsibility:
• To assist in the preparation, cooking, presentation and serving of meals and snacks.
• To comply with food hygiene and Health and Safety regulations.
• To maintain a high standard of personal and kitchen hygiene.
• To carry out and record equipment and appliance checks as required.
• To carry out and record temperature testing as required.
• To report any faults with equipment and appliances to the Catering Manager.
• To prepare the dining area prior to and after service, which may include the moving and/or setting up of furniture, trolleys and equipment.
• To inform the Catering Manager of stock levels and requirements.
• To assist in the preparation and cooking of food to the highest standard.
• To serve all food and beverages during service times having due regard at all times to quality control and quantity.
• To provide a good standard of customer service to all users of the catering area.
• To clean crockery, cutlery, heavy duty pans, gastronomes, kitchen appliances, all floor areas within the kitchen.
• To comply with the daily cleaning schedule and COSHH safety data sheets
• To wear designated PPE to comply with HASAWA
• To act as a till operator and take correct payment for food and/or beverages purchased if required
• To keep up to date as required with catering, food hygiene and Health and Safety regulations.
• To attend relevant meetings and training sessions when required.
• To assist in such duties and activities relating to any of the above areas appropriate to grade as the Head Teacher and Governors shall from time to time reasonably require.
Application Deadline: 10/08/2020
This job is closed for applications.