Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 10/08/2020 08:30
£17,364 - £17,711 FTE (pro rata £7,509 - £7,659)
Catering / Cleaning
Salary – £17,364 - £17,711 per annum FTE
16 hours per week
(permanent post with 6 month probationary period)
Pro rata to weeks and hours worked: £7,509 to £7,659
Main areas of responsibility
• To ensure all waste bins are emptied and refuse is removed and taken to the designated disposal point to ensure the site is clean and tidy and meets with health and safety requirements.
• To clean all furniture and fittings including ledges, pipe work and radiators ensuring high standards of cleanliness and hygiene are met and maintained.
• To clean all sanitary fixtures and fittings including the lavatories, wash room facilities and showers etc., ensuring all areas are maintained to the required standards of health and safety, reporting any damaged or broken facilities, or other maintenance issues to the appropriate member of staff.
• Carry out vacuuming in all carpeted areas ensuring correct use, carrying and storage of equipment.
• Clean all other floor areas appropriately i.e. sweeping, mopping, polishing etc., ensuring wet floor H&S hazard signs are used when required to ensure wellbeing of staff/visitors is maintained.
• To use floor scrubbing machines when required, following correct operating procedures to ensure personal and others’ safety and wellbeing.
• To check windows and doors are free from damage and closed after cleaning has been carried out to ensure the facilities are locked and secured appropriately.
• To attend any training courses relevant to the post, ensuring continual personal and professional development.
• Able to work individually and as part of a team.
• Ability to present oneself as a role model to pupils in speech, dress, behaviour and attitude. A uniform is provided and must be adhered to at all times; if you decline the footwear offered by the school then any footwear provided by yourself must be fit for purpose.
• The post holder may be required to undertake any other duties commensurate with the role.
Application Deadline: 10/08/2020
This job is closed for applications.