Public Health Practitioner
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£31,346 - £33,782 Annually
Hours per week:
37 hours per week
We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to work in the Stockton Public Health Team based at 16, Church Road, Stockton on Tees.
The successful applicant will play a key role in supporting the development, strategic planning, commissioning, implementation and evaluation of health protection interventions and programmes in Stockton-on-Tees in line with local public health priorities, the Joint Strategic Needs Assessment and in order to support the delivery of the Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy and Health Protection plans. The main focus of the post will include:
• To support the health protection agenda and Covid-19 response team of the council including case management and contact tracing of local incidents and outbreaks
• To work in partnership with a wide range of partners, services and stakeholders to prevent and respond to incidents and outbreaks of infectious disease.
• To work on a portfolio of public health projects and programmes linked to the relevant key national and local strategies to prevent ill-health, promote health and wellbeing and tackle health inequalities for the communities within the borough of Stockton on Tees
• To provide public health support and guidance to key stakeholders by providing and interpreting public health-related data, evidence and guidance.
• To facilitate and support statutory, voluntary and community organisations in the delivery of health protection activities.
• To build strong relationships across services to enhance partnerships, performance and outcomes to improve the health and wellbeing and tackle health inequalities within the local population
• To lead on the local development, implementation and performance management of work plans to support the delivery of local public health priorities and the Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy and Health Protection Plan with internal and external partners.
• To work in partnership with stakeholders to develop effective local prevention and intervention models which complement regional and national services and interventions
• To support and contribute to the development and/or improvement of local services by: leading/ coordinating specific projects, interventions and service developments, producing documentation to support the commissioning of services e.g. the development of service specifications
• To contribute to tackling inequalities in health through promoting and supporting local partnerships / communities
The successful candidate will possess excellent interpersonal and influencing skills. The post holder will need to have excellent organisational and time management skills. It is also vital to have the ability to work effectively within and across teams as well as prioritising own workload.
An online application form and further information is available from www.stockton.gov.uk/jobs.
Please ensure you refer to the Job Description and the essential and desirable criteria in the Person Specification when completing the Personal Statement on the application form, as this information is used to select candidates for interview.
If you would like an informal discussion, please contact Mandy MacKinnon, Strategic Health and Wellbeing Manager, on 01642 528478 or Dr Tanja Braun, Consultant in Public Health, on 01642 528706.
The application form is available in alternative formats from Xentrall Recruitment Services, tel: 01642 526992 or email email@example.com
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council ensures that all customers, both internal and external receive a consistently high quality level of service.