Deputy Headteacher - St Clare's Catholic Primary School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Required: January 2021
Salary: L5 - L9
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: St Clare’s Catholic Primary School, Acklam, Middlesbrough, TS5 8RZ
Responsible to: Headteacher
St Clare’s Catholic Primary School lies at the heart of the local community in Acklam, Middlesbrough. St Clare’s is proud to be a Teaching School offering quality professional development, school to school support and is also an Appropriate Body for NQTs.
The mission of St Clare’s Catholic Primary School is to develop each member of our community so that everyone can reach their full potential in the light of the teachings of Christ. Our school motto is ‘ Walk In The Light’ and we strive to ensure that this is at the heart of everything we do.
St Clare’s Catholic Primary School is part of the Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust, a family of 27 schools, 4 of which are secondary, a sixth form college and a Teaching School. With more than 9,000 pupils and over 1000 staff, the Trust is now the North East’s largest Catholic Trust and the second largest Catholic Multi Academy Trust in the UK.
Number of pupils on roll: 225
• A Christ centered school with supportive staff, parents and governors;
• A school which exhibits very high standards in all areas of pupil achievement supported by a strong Catholic ethos, with gospel values at its heart, which permeates all aspects of school life;
• A dedicated, talented and professional team who are highly committed to improving outcomes;
• Friendly, hardworking pupils who enjoy learning and achieving success;
• An inclusive school with a warm, nurturing Christian ethos through our close partnership with families, the parish and wider community;
• Excellent opportunities for continuing professional development and opportunities within our Teaching School;
• The opportunity to work with and learn from other establishments in the Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust.
We are looking for a strong, dynamic and inspirational leader who:
• Has a commitment to Catholic education and would play an active role in the community of St Clare’s;
• Promotes high expectations and will help our children to thrive in a culture that builds resilience and instills a sense of pride in what they achieve;
• Is an outstanding classroom practitioner who motivates and inspires children and staff;
• Is creative, forward thinking and has proven experience in leading and managing areas of school development;
• Is an excellent communicator, with good interpersonal and organisational skills, able to confidently deputise for the Headteacher;
• Can form a strong partnership with the leadership of the school and other leaders within the Trust;
• Will take on a role within St Clare’s Teaching School supporting ITT students and NQTs.
Closing date: Monday 5th October 2020, 12 noon
Shortlisting: Tuesday 6th October 2020
Interview: Wednesday 21st October 2020
If you would like to be part of St Clare’s Catholic Primary School family, you are welcome to visit us before applying. This can be arranged by contacting our Trust Business Manager Mrs Christine Hicks or the Headteacher, Mrs Elizabeth Eddies between 8.30am - 4pm Monday to Friday on 01642 815412
Social distancing and other precautionary measures are in place within St Clare’s and must be strictly applied.
Please refer to the back cover of the application pack for details of how to apply for this position.
Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust is committed to equality of opportunity, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check along with other relevant employment checks.