Assistant Project Workers
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£9,068.80 per annum (£18,317.60 pro rata per annum)
Social Care - Adult Service
ROLE: Assistant Project Worker
LOCATION: Middlesbrough, TS4 2NS
HOURS: 20 hours per week on a rota and on calls
WHO ARE WE?
saha is a nationwide charity and a leading provider of residential centres, foyers, supported accommodation and move-on housing for single and homeless people across the UK.
We are on a transformation journey, striving to assist our residents and our staff alike, to help them in Transforming Lives. Our hard work has been rewarded as saha has been awarded a spot in the Times Best Companies Top 100 Not-For-Profit Organisation to Work for 2020.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We’re looking for you if you’re someone who is looking for a meaningful job that makes a difference in the community, whilst being provided with flexibility and real potential for growth.
The role involves motivating residents to recognise and unlock their talents to enable them to achieve their full potential, whilst engaging them in the activities on offer in the service and wider community. You will work with residents to ensure that they receive a comprehensive supported housing service delivered to the highest possible standard & help provide a supporting role alongside Project workers in the delivery of tenancy related support, case management within the service ensuring that any practical support required is delivered to residents.
Develop and maintain good working professional relationships with all key stakeholders in the statutory and voluntary sector and ensure that the Project is publicised to all relevant agencies, local employers and the local community.
• Previous experience of work with, vulnerable adults with complex needs.
• Experience of working in supported housing.
• Results driven whilst maintaining a high quality of support for our residents and ensuring governance compliance.
• Ability to forward plan and manage client case load.
• Ability to produce concise and accurate KPI intensive housing management reports.
• Good time management skills and able to manage workload appropriately.
• High level of numeracy and literacy skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent IT skills with ability to navigate housing management systems and databases.
• Flexibility with working hours.
• Ability to work outside normal working hours in accordance with the needs of the business in a shift working pattern
• Understanding the challenges facing vulnerable people and the difficulties that these can present in a supported housing environment.
• Housing management experience in a general needs or supported setting.
• Excellent understanding of welfare benefits, sanctions, universal credit, arrears management, anti-social behaviour, allocations and voids management.
• Experience of conducting needs assessments of clients in housing need.
• Good understanding of health and safety and risk assessments within a residential setting.
• Experience of working unsociable hours.
Pay and Conditions:-
In return for your support, we’ll reward you with:
SALARY £9068.80 per annum (£18,317.60 pro rata per annum)
BENEFITS: 26 days’ annual holiday, bank holidays, increasing one day a year for the first five years, Life Assurance, pension scheme, an employee health assistance programme, professional development opportunities, flexible working arrangements and more.
DATES FOR THE DIARY:
CLOSING DATE: 23rd October 2020
INTERVIEW DATE: We will be reviewing applications throughout and reserve the right to close the advertisement early if the right candidate is found.
Here at saha, we are an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating inclusive environment for all current and future team members, working together to continue to help Transforming Lives.
Closing date for applications: 23rd October 2020