DBS697/20 Class Teacher - Southridge First School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 20/10/2020 12:00
£24,373 - £40,490 pa pro rata M1 - U3 (pay award pending)
Schools - Teaching
Southridge First School, Cranleigh Place, Whitley Bay, Tyne and Wear, NE25 9UD
Required for 1st January 2021
The Governors of this happy, popular and successful school wish to appoint a dynamic, skilled, well motivated and enthusiastic class teacher to work initially in Nursery as part of a job share. Our fantastic Nursery teacher would like to reduce her hours and we are looking to appoint a team player to work 2 days per week. A willingness to be able to teach across the school is essential. We are looking to appoint an experienced teacher with a proven track record in Early Years and of teaching a Nursery class, someone who:
• is an exemplary classroom practitioner and has a clear understanding of the importance in school of having a strong Early Years ethos.
• Has worked in a Nursery class
• has innovative, creative and effective teaching approaches
• is flexible and committed to working as part of a team
• has high expectations of themselves and of their pupils and is committed to maintaining the school’s high standards
• is well organised and highly motivated with excellent communication skills
• good interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate and inspire others as well as able to build effective partnerships with parents
• is willing to make a full contribution to the life of the school
• is willing to take responsibility for leading the development of a subject area across the school.
• is able to demonstrate best practice with regard to keeping children safe
You will have the opportunity to work with motivated children, friendly staff and very supportive parents and governors.
Southridge First School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate will have to apply for enhanced disclosure from the DBS, sign a disqualification by association declaration and have satisfactory medical clearance. In all cases written references will be taken up.
Application packs are available to download from our website www.southridgefirst.org.uk (school office/vacancies) and must be returned to email@example.com. The closing date is
Closing date 12.00 midday on 20th October 2020 and interviews will be on Friday 23rd October.
This job is closed for applications.