Level 2 Teaching Assistant
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£14,198 - £14,482 (£19,312 - £19,698 FTE)
Schools - Support
Newcastle upon Tyne
Required for November 2020 or earlier if possible.
Teaching Assistant for Classroom support
32.5 hours per week
Term Time only (73.5% of full time post)
Fixed Term: to 31/8/2020 in the first instance
Salary Scale: Band 3 NJC (SCP 5 to 6)
£14,198 to £14,482 (£19,312 to £19,698 FTE)
The Governors and Headteacher of Darras Hall Primary School would like to appoint a suitably experienced Teaching Assistant to join our school. This is an opportunity to become part of our school community, supporting the development of children across our school.
Are you someone who:
• work under the direction of the class teacher and Phase Leader to provide support and guidance to children in the school setting;
• work with professionals in and outside of the school team, to play a key role in providing a bespoke curriculum support for a range of pupils
• be part of a welcoming and supportive team of staff, parents and governors;
• gain the opportunity to join a school with a culture of continuous improvement;
• have high expectations for self, pupils and others;
• have excellent communication skills;
• have a commitment to working within a team;
• have experience of supporting groups of children;
• be a positive role model for all of our pupils and uphold our school values.
We can offer:
• The chance to join a supportive and forward-thinking learning community.
• A hard-working team dedicated to raising standards.
• Incredibly enthusiastic, well behaved and motivated children.
• Opportunities for professional development.
This school is strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to obtain an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the DBS and a range of other recruitment checks.
Closing date for applications: Monday 2nd November, at 9.30am, interviews as soon as possible thereafter.
Visit the school website or contact the Business Manager, Mr D. Clay via email@example.com for further information. Visits to the school, prior to interviews, will be possible for those shortlisted.
Return completed application form and supporting documents to the School Business Manager:
Mr D. Clay either by post, by hand or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org