Waste and Recycling Collection Staff
Casual / Seasonal / Bank / Permanently Variable hours
As and when required
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 22/01/2021 23:59
Environmental Services / Waste / Recycling/ Parks
Northumberland County Council operates a huge range of services across one of the largest counties in the UK. Our Waste Services Teams provide highly valued waste and recycling collections from every household and many businesses within the County.
For further information about working for Northumberland County Council, please click here: http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/working
Northumberland County Council’s Staff Bank are looking for individuals to work within the Waste Services Team, who will be committed to delivering good quality services to our residents, are able to walk long distances and can undertake a physically demanding role. This will be on an ad-hoc basis to cover temporary vacancies, absence or increased demand within services.
Duties will include the following:
• Provide an efficient and effective refuse collection and recycling service to remove household and commercial waste and recycling
• Liaise with service users and members of the public in a courteous and respectful manner and provide advice and information on waste services if requested to do so
• Ensure the team completes work within the time, quality and specified service standards.
• Ensure that work is performed in a safe and responsible manner in compliance with the relevant risk assessment.
• Ensure that machinery, equipment and tools that are used are operated in accordance with manufacturers guidelines and any faults are reported.
This may suit someone looking for flexibility around their current work or home commitments or someone looking to supplement their current role with additional ad-hoc work. There are no guaranteed or set hours available, but this will be discussed with you at the point of application or please contact the team using the details below.
In order to apply, please download the attached application form and return via email to email@example.com
The Staff Bank is managed by the Temporary Staffing Team, who you can contact via firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be subject to Northumberland County Council's pre-employment checking process which includes a minimum of 2 references covering the past 3 years, health clearance and proof of right to work in the UK and depending on the assignment you may be required to undertake a DBS check.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend an interview, please email the Temporary Staffing Team
This job is closed for applications.