Head of Modern Foreign Languages
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Schools - Teaching
The North East Learning Trust are seeking to appoint an inspiring and highly motivated Head of Modern Languages. This appointment will be based in Hermitage Academy where we have an exciting opportunity for you to join a school that is undergoing real change.
Hermitage Academy is a mixed 11-16 comprehensive school and sixth form with over 1000 students from Chester-Le-Street and the surrounding areas.
Our vision is simple and is shared by all schools across the North East Learning Trust family. It is that every child experiences excellence every day.
Our primary aim is for each young person to be both courageous and caring, resilient and determined as they strive for excellence.
We are committed to:
• the pursuit of excellence in all that we do;
• a broad education designed to enable every young person to achieve their full potential and make the most of their talents;
• a calm, purposeful atmosphere where young people are cared for and able to learn with confidence;
• a healthy, happy, disciplined and supportive environment which promotes an independent work ethic and a love of learning;
• engendering respect for individuality and difference so that all will feel secure and equally valued;
• a nurturing sense of social responsibility, spiritual and personal development;
• fostering integrity, confidence, resilience, creativity, good manners and sensitivity to the needs of others.
The successful candidate will:
• relevant training and experience of successful teaching and learning
• high expectations and standards in achievement and behaviour
• a firm belief and strong commitment to inclusive education
• a clear understanding of how children are motivated and learn effectively
• a creative approach to encourage children to take ownership of their own learning
• energy, commitment, enthusiasm and initiative
• the ability to work collaboratively and flexibly as part of a highly skilled team
• the ability to deliver outstanding teaching
Closing Date: Thursday 26th November 2020 17:00 hours
Interviews are aiming to take place Monday 7th December 2020
How to apply:
Please could you complete and return the Application Form together with a supporting letter to school by Thursday 26th November 2020 (5.00pm). The letter should outline the reasons why you wish to work at the North East Learning Trust, what you would bring to the post, and the experience and attributes that have prepared you to take on the role.
Application forms should be completed and returned with a supporting letter to email@example.com or by post to Samantha Lish, Hermitage Academy, Waldrige Lane, Chester-le-Street, DH2 3AD