Development Lead Secondary
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
To build a fair education for all, we need to unlock the potential in all children – not just some. Together, we’re making it happen. Every day, our work takes us closer to a better future. But we need to do more. It’s a big challenge – and we need your help to take it on.
Development Leads most frequently work on our Training Programme. Some Development Leads may also have the opportunity to work on one of our other programmes: Time to Teach, Reconnect with Teaching, Middle Leader, Senior Leader, and Headship programmes. For Development Leads working on our Training Programme — your first-class support will guide our trainee teachers through our programme and to completion of their PGDE. You’ll have a designated portfolio of trainees and will work closely with the schools they are placed in, as well as their university tutors and school mentors. Your work will see them grow into leaders, committed to making a difference to educational inequality.
We are seeking to appoint Development Leads who are able to support trainees, academic mentors and partner schools, as part of one of our Regional Teams across England. Please note that this role requires regular travel to a portfolio of schools across your designated region. Therefore, a close proximity to one of our regional offices is not a requirement for this role. We are currently recruiting for a new Development Lead to start as soon as possible for the North East region. If we are not currently recruiting for your preferred region, we encourage you to still submit your application to attend our Assessment Centre. If you are successful at the Assessment Centre, we will invite you to a regional interview with your preferred region. If you are successful in the regional interview, you will enter a ‘talent pool’ and we will contact you when a vacancy is confirmed in your selected region and phase. You would not be required to complete the Assessment Centre again, but you would need complete a final interview for the position.
Please note that the Assessment Centre will take place on Tuesday 8th December, Wednesday 9th December and/or Thursday 10th December. Regional interviews will take place on Tuesday 15th December and/or Wednesday 16th December.
• Do you have QTS and have worked as a school leader?
• Do you have relevant phase knowledge?and understand outstanding classroom pedagogy?
• Is your knowledge of the Teachers' Standards is outstanding?
• Have you developed, mentored and coached inexperienced teachers within a training route for at least two years? e.g. PGCE, Schools Direct, Teach First etc.
Yes to the above? Then we want to hear from you. You might be our next Development Lead - Secondary.
Take a look at the job description and then complete an application on our careers website.
Make sure you’ve got your CV and cover letter answering the following questions and showing how you meet our essentials ready to upload.
1. Do you have a QTS and have worked as a school leader?
2. Can you provide examples of when and how you’ve mentored and coached inexperienced teachers who are in a training route, for at least two years?
3. What is your understanding of the Development Lead role?
4. Why do you want to become a Teach First Development Lead?