DBS737/20 Teaching Assistant - Stephenson Memorial Primary School
Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 30/11/2020 23:59
£16,373.21 - £17,071.59 pa pro rata
Schools - Support
Stephenson Memorial Primary School, Martin Road, Howdon, Wallsend, NE28 0AG
We are looking for a dedicated and innovative Teaching Assistant with recent experience in the EYFS. The post is based in our Nursery, providing 1:1 support for LEAPS children and general additional support within the Nursery Unit. Although the temporary post is initially until 31/3/2021, it is possible that the post will be extended until the end of the Summer Term 2021. The post is 24.5 hours per week, term time only over 195 days.
• The successful candidate will be responsible for providing dedicated 1:1 support initially focusing on Speech and Language, although there may be other development / behaviour issues identified.
• They will build good relationships with parents
• They will work collaboratively with an extremely motivated and forward thinking foundation stage team, with a passion for outdoor learning
Experience and skills required
• A deep understanding of how young children develop and learn
• Knowledge of the early years curriculum
• Training in Speech & Language Therapy would be desirable.
• Experience of observing and assessing using development matters and able to identify next steps in learning.
• Confident in use of new technologies and a proactive approach towards learning new skills.
Stephenson Memorial Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant employment checks deemed appropriate.
Job Packs are available from school by emailing a request to: email@example.com
(Please indicate which post you are interested in)
Please return completed applications by email if possible.
If you require a Job Pack by post please send a SAE to :
Stephenson Memorial Primary School, Martin Road, Howdon, Wallsend. NE28 0AG
This job is closed for applications.