Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£23,275 per annum
Additional standby payment of £179.03 per week plus callout payments apply when on call out rota.
Hours per week:
37 Hours per week
Manual / Trades / Transport
Economic Growth & Neighbourhood Services, Darlington Borough Council, 17 Allington Way, Darlington, DL1 4QB.
The Council has a commercially focused, successful and thriving Building Services division which are currently looking to recruit two Plumbers to join the repairs and maintenance team. This team look after domestic council housing stock and other council owned properties such as sheltered housing schemes.
The job utilises mobile technology to enable you to carry out your job while on the move using a mobile device. This includes details of your appointments, van stock control and health and safety information such as vehicle checks. A vehicle is provided which is collected and returned daily to the depot.
The rewards for working at the Council go beyond your salary and in addition you will receive numerous additional benefits such as:
• 31 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Enhanced Maternity/Paternity and Adoption Leave Payments
• Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
• Cycle to Work Scheme in partnership with Halfords
• Access to Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services.
• Reduced membership to the Dolphin Centre’s ‘Fit 4 Life’ package.
For detailed information on this role, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
For an informal discussion, please contact Jason Eddy, General Trades Supervisor on 07384 457184.