Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Social Care - Adult Service
Registered Manager – Adult Residential, Sunderland.
Caring for and empowering adults who live life through the lens of neurodiversity, is our life's work and our passion. Our 24-hour bespoke support services are specifically tailored to individual needs of the people we care for. Recognised for our innovation and excellence, everything we do stems from an unswerving belief in providing bespoke person-centred support. It’s at the heart of who we are. Our residential homes provide help and support allowing our adults to live safely and as independently as possible.
We’ve come a long way since we were founded 40 years ago by a group of parents who sought better services and opportunities for their children, but there’s so much to be done. With your help, we can make it happen.
To keep our staff, the people we serve, and visitors safe, we are taking coronavirus precautions seriously. We work under Government guidance and have a thorough risk assessment in place.
As a Registered Manager, your main duties will include:
• Staff management, the operation of the home and it’s budget
• Liaising between the Society, families and other professionals
• Day to day responsibility for ensuring a high-quality person-centred approach in the delivery of care, in order to meet the needs of the people we support
• Ensuring that policies and procedures are implemented effectively and that best practice is always maintained
• To work towards achieving CQC standards of excellence and ensure the safety of residents and staff
• Supporting positive behaviour and good working practices at all times
*Please note It may be a requirement of the role to work between other homes to meet the needs of the Society.
• Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership or willingness to work towards
• Experience working in a similar role (residential services or autism / learning disability) and at a similar level (Deputy Manager level experience will be considered) in order to demonstrate relevant competence required for the role
• Comprehensive knowledge of current legislation and guidance for supporting autistic people
• Ability to effectively lead and proactively manage resources and staff
You must possess a NVQ Level 5 in Care and a Level 4 qualification in Management or equivalent (or working towards). You must have experience of working with vulnerable adults within the role of Team Leader/Assistant Home Manager/Home Manger.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to work with a charity making a real different to the lives of the people they aim to serve, then we’d love to hear from you!