DBS759/20 Headteacher - Southridge First School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Schools - Teaching
Southridge First School, Cranleigh Place, Beaumont Park Estate, Whitley Bay, Tyne and Wear, NE25 9UD
Southridge First School
Headteacher Required for September 2021 ISR L18-L24
The Governors are seeking to appoint an outstanding leader for this exceptional first school, who can continue to drive an extremely happy, successful and highly regarded school forward.
Our core values are at the heart of everything we do and the Governing Body is looking for an experienced and highly skilled individual who can continue to promote these values and provide the vision and leadership to continue our development. Our new headteacher must model and demonstrate these values to maintain our very strong school ethos for our children and develop our excellent, highly motivated and committed staff team.
Our new head will be:
• A kind, emotionally intelligent people person.
• An effective communicator with staff, parents/carers and the wider community – someone who can face challenges and ensure that the best outcomes are achieved.
• An outstanding primary practitioner with a track record of professional and inspirational leadership and management, leading to high quality education, by effectively managing teaching and learning;
• Able to enjoy the results of the current vision and leadership of the school whilst resisting complacency by being analytical and thoughtful about future improvement;
• Accountable for their own actions and the actions of their staff;
• Able to make decisions and work on their own initiative whilst, recognising the need to delegate and trust colleagues to maximise effectiveness.
• Skilled in monitoring and evaluating standards of attainment, teaching and learning and be able to create clear and imaginative action plans to ensure that all children reach their highest potential
• Able to lead a culture that promotes excellence, equality and high expectations of all staff and pupils and who understands the importance of providing broad and balanced opportunities to develop the whole child.
We can offer you:
• Well-behaved, enthusiastic pupils who are eager to learn;
• A highly supportive parental body and strong links with the local community;
• A supportive environment for a leader with passion and drive to maintain our high - quality teaching and learning environment;
• A strong and effective senior leadership team to work with you and support you;
• A wider staff team who work extremely well together and who are keen to continue to provide the very best opportunities for children;
• Strong partnerships with local schools.
We are looking for an individual who is ambitious, successful and believes that schools are infinitely improvable. However, we are a highly successful school and it is important that the vision and direction that has been created and developed within our culture continues to be built upon and embedded further. Applications would be welcomed from current Headteachers, or leaders who are seeking an opportunity for career progression.
Visits are warmly welcomed and will follow the necessary school rules around COVID-19.
Please contact our School Office on 0191 9176665 to confirm if you would like to visit the school.
Southridge First School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant employment checks deemed appropriate.
An application form, job description and a document containing information about the school are available to download from this advert.
Completed applications need to be returned by email to HR.Recruitment&Safeguarding@northtyneside.gov.uk on or before the closing date of noon, 21st January 2021.
Interview dates 4th and 5th February 2021.