Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 26/02/2021 12:00
L12-18: £55,338 - £64,143 per annum.
Hours per week:
Full time as in accordance with the Teachers' Pay and Conditions Document.
Schools - Teaching
Our Lady and St Anne's RC Primary School, Summerhill Terrace, Newcastle upon Tyne NE4 6EB.
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle
Our Lady and St Anne's Catholic Primary School is part of the Bishop Bewick Catholic Education Trust and you will not be an employee of Newcastle City Council.
Our Lady and St Anne's Catholic Primary School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tel: 0191 232 5496
Full time, permanent
Group 2, Number on roll: 210 plus nursery.
Our Light Shines Always
Applications are invited from practising and committed Catholic teachers for the post of Headteacher at Our Lady and St Anne's Catholic Primary School. We are looking for an inspirational and passionate headteacher to lead our school and build upon our existing success and the excellent work of our retiring headteacher.
At Our Lady and St Anne's we want the best teaching, the best opportunities and the best support and encouragement for every child. We are a friendly, happy, Catholic school where everyone is valued for their individuality and their gifts.
We are a school with a very diverse community and we try to follow Jesus in what we say and what we do. We provide a broad and balanced curriculum, recognising that everyone is unique and created in the image of God.
Our school encourages children to become active and lifelong learners, critical thinkers and problem solvers. We provide a language-rich curriculum that will strengthen resilience and foster ambition, remove barriers and increase experiences so that all children achieve their potential.
Our successful candidate will have:
• high expectations of all our children and staff
• a clear commitment to nurturing the ethos of a Catholic school, parish and community
• an excellent and proven track record as a primary practitioner and school leader
• outstanding strategic ability
• excellent interpersonal skills
• a clear ability to lead, develop, inspire and work collaboratively with staff
• a firm commitment to developing strong relationships with all stakeholders
Our school is a warm, welcoming and supportive community and we can offer you:
• happy, hard-working and well-behaved children who are proud of their school and who 'have positive attitudes to their learning.' (Ofsted Mar 2020)
• a dedicated staff team who are committed to the wellbeing, all-round development and achievement of our children
• a commitment to CPD for all staff
• support from parish, parents and governors.
Our Lady & St Anne’s recently joined Bishop Bewick Catholic Education Trust. The Trust currently has 14 schools within its community with the intention of growing to 39 Catholic schools by 2022.
As a large and dynamic Trust, we will be able to offer you:
• Access to bespoke leadership support
• A community of fellow headteachers dedicated to improving education across our region
• Advice and guidance across all areas of school life including finance, HR and Health and Safety.
How to apply:
Please note that restrictions on visiting school are still in place due to Covid-19. Please visit our website for further information.
Application packs are available on the school website. If you need any further advice, please contact Mrs Zelda Clennell, School Business Manager, by email: email@example.com
Applications should be completed and returned to Mrs C Baker, (Chair of Local Governing Committee) using the email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications by email will require a real signature on the day of interview.
Closing date: noon on Friday 26 February 2021
Shortlisting: Friday 5 March 2021
Interviews: Friday 12 March 2021
Only applications returned on the CES application form will be considered for shortlisting.
The board and the Diocese are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
This job is closed for applications.