Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£18,562 - £18,933
Admin / Secretarial / Customer Services
South Tees Business Centre
“This is Redcar and Cleveland. We are an ambitious council keen to build on our strong track record of innovation and partnership working, ensuring that we create a flourishing future for the borough and all of its residents. Key to this is a committed workforce who always gives their best. Offering a fast paced, progressive working environment, Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council is a great career move.”
This post is based at the centre of the council in the Resources Directorate which has key responsibility for managing the council’s money and people, as well as ensuring that democratic decisions are well informed and legally sound.
An opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified or experienced person to join the Assets Management Team and be part of the Post Room Team. The successful candidate will undertake a range of administrative and clerical duties in accordance with approved Business Support procedures.
Business Assistants are important members of the post room Team and are expected to be sufficiently flexible to assist with the efficient running of the post room, and covering the Property Services Helpdesk.
• Ensure that the services delivered by the Post Room are responsive to the needs of the service, are effective and efficient in operation and are provided in accordance with the Customer Excellence Model.
• Assist in the accurate sorting of incoming and outgoing mail including the update of officer and service location records.
• Ensuring that all post is franked in a timely fashion and collected by the relevant postal service.
• Arranging for the credit in the franking machines to be refreshed as necessary and the use the machine appropriately.
• Responding to telephone enquiries and messages including cover for the property Services switchboard.
• Creating Staff ID cards and programming Door Access cards, Dealing with associated issues.
The successful applicant will work 37 hours per week in the Post Room at South Tees Business Centre.
We are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic person with a proven track record of administrative and organisational skills. He / She will have excellent written and oral communication skills and have the ability to develop good working relationships both internally and externally with others in order to achieve service delivery targets.
The council holds ambassador status for the North East Better Health at Work Award.
We offer very attractive terms and conditions of employment, including generous annual leave entitlement, flexible working hours (where appropriate), membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme and access to numerous other salary sacrifice schemes and staff benefits/discounts, including a lease car scheme.