Key Stage 1 and Reception Teacher- Maternity cover
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£ Main Pay Scale M1-M6
Schools - Teaching
Vacancy for a Key Stage 1 Teacher (Maternity cover until December 2021)
Start date: Monday 12th April
Closing date Friday 19th March
Interviews- Week commencing Monday 22nd March
Are you bursting with a vision to inspire and guide our awesome children and support staff?
Do you believe strongly in restorative approaches in encouraging good behaviour?
We are looking for an experienced, visionary, creative teacher to lead our small Key Stage 1 / Reception team.
The successful candidate will oversee the teaching in both Key Stage 1 and Reception with support from an experienced EYFS Teacher in the Federation. We also work closely and collaboratively with our onsite private Pre-School setting to aid transition. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our school as we move forward on our journey to excellence.
We are looking for:
• A teacher with high expectations and a commitment to raising standards
• A proven ability to support, lead and inspire staff
• An ability to think beyond their own classroom and see the bigger picture for teaching, learning and behaviour across KS1 and the whole school
• An enthusiastic, resilient teacher with a sense of humour
• A warm and caring disposition
• Experience of statutory testing in KS1
• Enthusiasm to lead at least one subject area- PE or RE
Our schools can offer:
• A dynamic learning climate
• Friendly and supportive colleagues
• Small class sizes
• Extensive outdoor learning space including Forest School areas
• Support and challenge by leaders at all levels
The school is looking for a teacher who is:
• Innovative, passionate about teaching and will ‘go the extra mile’
• A consistently Good and Outstanding classroom practitioner with high expectations of accelerated progress
• A team player with energy, stamina and plenty of creativity and fresh ideas
• Resilient and able to work collaboratively
Our schools have dedicated, supportive staff who are always striving for excellence.
We have a talented Senior Leadership Team and planning is available for sharing across previous and current year groups. The staff are committed to every child making accelerated progress in a happy and safe environment. The children are well behaved and enjoy coming to school as this is where children and staff feel valued.
Our dedicated team of teachers work closely together, both within the school and across the West Tyne Federation (which includes Henshaw CE Primary School) to ensure that every child enjoys learning and maximises their potential. High quality teaching and learning are a priority, and this is achieved through effective training and support from a strong leadership team. As a Church of England School, we have an underlying Christian ethos which permeates all we do.