Level 3 Specialist Medical Learning Support Assistant
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Scale 12-15 £22,183 - £23,541 (Pro-rata to the weeks worked)
Schools - Support
Job title: Level 3 Specialist Medical Learning Assistant
Job reference: PPA-127
Closing date: Friday 16th April 2021
Location: Pennyman Primary Academy, Fulbeck Road, Middlesbrough
Level/Salary: Scale 12-15 £22,183 - £23,541 (Pro-rata to the weeks worked)
Status: Permanent contract
Required: Immediate Start
Contract Hours: 37 per week, term time, plus 4 weeks including 5 PP Days
Pennyman Primary Academy is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Level 3 Specialist Medical Learning Support Assistant to join the academy as part of Tees Valley Education Trust. Pennyman Primary is a vibrant, creative and forward-looking academy keen to employ an outstanding, enthusiastic and experienced Specialist Medical Learning Support Assistant.
We are looking for someone who has a genuine interest in working with children; are interested in their development and learning and have good organisational and communication skills. We ask that all staff working with our children hold qualifications in English and mathematics that are at least equivalent to GCSE grade ‘C’. Qualification as a teaching assistant is desirable, though not essential.
Duties will include:
• Assisting children to be successful through supporting excellent attitudes towards learning and behaviour and helping them to access the curriculum;
• Supervising pupils who may be working outside normal timetables or who need 1:1 support outside of the classroom, at playtimes and lunchtimes (including a duty)
• Time allocated each week to allow for oversight of academy care team and pupil care plans, under the supervision of the AHT for SEND and Welfare and SEND Inclusion Manager.
• Working with parents of children with complex medical needs, as part of a multi-disciplinary framework, alongside health and social care practitioners to support the child and the academy
• Undertake annual assessments so that medical competencies can be signed off by registered nurse, in addition to other essential medical training
• Assist with specialist feeding regimes, oxygen management and conditions affecting urology and continence
• Assist with the production of risk assessments and pupil personal moving and handling plans
In return, we can offer you the opportunity to join a supportive and enthusiastic team who are committed to engaging and inspiring children’s learning and life chances. We are fully committed to your ongoing professional development and training and for all areas specified in the job description will be provided by the Trust.
We have a strong inclusive ethos and work in partnership with our academies and other stakeholders.
Tees Valley Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.