Headteacher - Albany Village Primary School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
L15 – L21: £59,581-£69,031
Schools - Teaching
Albany Village Primary School
Albany Village Primary School
Crossgill, Washington NE37 1UA
Headteacher: Mrs Christine Brown
N.O.R: 214 including Nursery
Applications are invited for the position of Headteacher
Required: 1st September 2021
Salary L15 – L21: £59,581-£69,031
Due to the forthcoming retirement of our long-standing and well respected Headteacher, we are looking to appoint an inspirational, innovative and motivated leader who can provide a high quality, inclusive education in a safe and nurturing environment. The Governing Body is looking for a leader who can continue to drive forward our extremely happy and highly regarded school.
Our new Headteacher will be:
• An effective communicator with staff, parents/carers and the wider community, someone who can face challenges and ensure that the best outcomes are achieved;
• An outstanding primary practitioner with a track record of professional and inspirational leadership and management, leading to high quality education, by effectively managing teaching and learning;
• Able to make decisions and work on their own initiative whilst recognising the need to delegate and trust colleagues to maximise effectiveness;
• Skilled in monitoring and evaluating standards of attainment, teaching and learning and be able to create clear and imaginative action plans to ensure that all children reach their highest potential;
• Able to lead a culture that promotes our shared vision for excellence, equality and high expectations of all staff and pupils and who understands the importance of providing broad and balanced opportunities to develop the whole child.
We can offer you:
• A supportive environment for a leader with passion and drive to maintain our high quality teaching and learning environment;
• A highly supportive Governing body and strong links with the local community;
• A committed staff team who work extremely well together and who are keen to continue to provide the very best opportunities for children;
• Enthusiastic pupils who are eager to learn;
Applications would be welcomed from current Headteachers or experienced Deputy Headteachers.
How to apply:
Visits are welcomed and will follow the necessary school protocols around COVID-19.
Please contact the school if you would like to arrange a visit.
Application packs are available to download from NE Jobs or by contacting the HR team at Together for Children (0191 561 7233).
Please return completed applications email@example.com
The closing date for applications is noon on Monday 26th April 2021
Short listing will be held on Thursday 29th April 2021
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 11th May 2021
If you do not hear anything within 6 weeks of the shortlisting date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful.
The Governing Body of Albany Village Primary School and Sunderland City Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. The Headteacher is expected to share this commitment and must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard them. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore applicants will be subject to appropriate background checks and vetting including an enhanced DBS check and checks against the children’s barred list. At minimum of two references are required prior to the commencement of employment. Additional references may be requested