Teacher - Enhanced Mainstream Provision
Please See Advert Text
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£25,714 - £36,961 per annum
Schools - Teaching
Pentland Primary School, 1Excellence Multi Academy Trust
1Excellence Multi Academy Trust is a multi-academy trust of 2 schools but with plans to grow to 4 primary schools during 2021. The Trust was set up in July 2017, and is a mixed MAT. The vision and rationale behind the wider partnership is based on shared values and aspirations, a strong sense of community identity and values of inclusion and aspiration for all.
Come and join the Pentland family as a Teacher for our Communication and Interaction Enhanced Mainstream Provision.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Pentland Primary School for an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher to join the wonderful team in our Enhanced Mainstream Provision Hubs for children with Communication and Interaction needs.
This role will include:
- responsibility for the teaching and learning of a group of children within Hub 2 and 3;
- communication with the parents/carers of these children;
- coordinating the work of the staff within Hub 2 and 3;
- liaising with visiting professionals and directing their work as needed;
- working with the Assistant SENCo to ensure continuity of provision across all three Hub classes
- undertaking outreach work, as directed by the SENCo, for the Local Authority Communication and Interaction panel;
- liaising with mainstream school staff and pupils to ensure that provision for children with Autism across the school is consistently of a high standard;
- delivering appropriate training to staff when needs are identified;
- keeping up to date with developments within the area of Autism, and communicating these to the SEN team so that practice in school can be refined.
We are looking for someone who has:
- proven experience of teaching children with Autism and communication and interaction needs;
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- experience of working within, and at times leading, a team;
- enhanced their understanding and knowledge of Autism and communication and interaction through continued professional development;
- a working understanding of the SEN code of practice and paperwork associated with this;
- resilience and a sense of humour;
- the desire and ability to make a difference to lives of children with Autism and communication and interaction needs and their families;
- the desire and willingness to embrace, and become part of, the Pentland Family within the hubs, and mainstream.
For an informal chat regarding this post, or to arrange a visit please contact Mrs Lis Featherstone, Trust SENCo on (01642) 559609.
Application forms and job descriptions are available by email from Natasha White at email@example.com
Completed applications are to be returned to the school at Natasha.firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 30th April 2021.
Pentland Primary School, Pentland Avenue, Billingham, TS23 2RG
Telephone: 01642 559609