Advanced Practitioner - Children's Assessment and Safeguarding
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 07/05/2021 23:59
£39,880 - £42,821
Social Care - Children Service
Darlington Town Hall
Darlington Children’s Services are implementing
Strengthening Families - Family Valued Programme
To build on our journey of strengths-based practice and support for our families in Darlington, we are looking to expand our work significantly as we are adopting and implementing the Leeds Strengthening Families ethos. This is an exciting time to be part of the next phase of this vibrant programme which aims to:
· Support the council to safely and appropriately reduce the need for children and young people to enter the looked after system
· Create the conditions for good social work practice by supporting the development of a borough wide culture and ethos of restorative and relational working
· Improve the effectiveness of the Local Authority Children’s Services
We are seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and motivated individual who wants to be part of our next exciting chapter. You will be fundamental in creating an environment that supports and enables relational practice, building local capacity, relationship and skills and innovation as part of a whole system reform.
We are looking for an experienced Social Worker to join our Assessment and Safeguarding Service as an Advanced Practitioner. The successful candidate will be fundamental in supporting the Team Manager and a team of Social Workers committed to providing the very best service to the most vulnerable children and families in the borough.
For detailed information on this role, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
What’s in it for you!
You will benefit from working in a compact Borough where managing a caseload is not hindered by travel, giving you more time with children and families.
You will have access to regular training, reflective supervision and support from managers.
We have a strong commitment to professional development throughout all our Children’s Service areas, with a training programme that is workforce-led with strong links to supervision, appraisal and audit.
Our refreshed progression model further compliments personal and professional growth, with a structure that optimises succession planning into management roles. We support and encourage involvement throughout all areas, with regular opportunities readily available through a range of forums, which also focus on building resilience and well-being.
We are progressive and forward thinking and it is an ideal time to join us and be an integral part of our exciting journey to ‘good’ within a modern and dynamic service that supports our children to thrive.
Additional benefits include the following -
• 31 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, with option to purchase additional Annual Leave
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme with option to make Additional Voluntary Contributions
• Flexi-time scheme
• Green Car Leasing Scheme
• Cycle to Work Scheme in partnership with Halfords
• Access to free Physiotherapy sessions
• Access to free, confidential counselling
• Reduced cost membership for the Dolphin Centre’s Fit for Life Package
• Season ticket car parking permits or subsidised Town Centre parking permits subject to criteria
• Access to Childcare Vouchers scheme subject to criteria
• Access to a wide range of training
• Discounted Arriva Travel Pass
If you would like an informal discussion about the roles, please contact Lynne Westgarth, Service Manager on 01325 406357 or email email@example.com.
This job is closed for applications.