Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£13,832.24 Point: 6
Schools - Support
Tel: 01642 273006
Fax: 01642 273011
Principal: Mrs Delyth Linacre
LEVEL 3 Teaching Assistant Post – KS2
Approx Salary: £13,832.24 Point: 6
Hours: 31 Hours per week - Term time only
Contractual Status: One Year Fixed Term contract to commence End of April / May 2021 (in the first instance).
The Academy is looking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced TA to work in upper Key Stage 2.
The successful candidate will work with groups and individuals (aged 7 – 11 years old) and will be required to provide cover for the whole class.
Easterside Academy is a caring and supportive school, where we celebrate the achievement of all our pupils and strive towards continuous improvement. The successful candidate will join a creative team, committed to raising standards and providing quality teaching and learning for all, across the curriculum, both indoors and out. Our school ethos is one of commitment to the education of the whole child, fostering parental and community engagement and nurturing a sense of belonging.
Easterside Academy is committed to the professional development of all staff.
Easterside Academy is part of ‘The Enquire Learning Trust’. www.enquirelearningtrust.org
We offer a lively, inclusive learning environment where every child is valued and ‘given the chance to shine’.
The successful candidates will have:
• A minimum of a Level 3 qualification in childcare or education.
• Excellent standards of English and Maths and verbal communication skills and be competent with IT.
• GCSE maths and English ‘c’ or above or Key Skills level 2 in both Maths and English.
• Experience of working as a Teaching Assistant in primary year groups - particularly at Key Stage 2.
• Experience in covering a class using planning provided by a teacher.
• The commitment and ability to work as part of a highly effective team.
• A knowledge of and experience in using behaviour modification strategies.
• Empathy, tolerance, patience and understanding.
• Committed to making a real difference to the lives of pupils.
• Initiative and the ability to work flexibly and be adaptable.
• Ability to motivate and engage children.
• Commitment to their own professional learning.
• A friendly and dynamic working environment.
• Excellent CPD opportunities.
• An atmosphere where the sharing of good practice and skills are encouraged - everyone is a ‘learner’.
• High expectations of pupil behaviour and pupil progress.
• Enthusiastic children!
This post is for a Level 3 TA with the experience and ability to cover a class at KS2 when needed.
The successful applicants must be reliable and adaptable, have positive attitudes and be able to engage actively in a wide range of activities. The successful candidates will need to show good levels of initiative.
Closing date: Wednesday 21st April 2021 at 12 noon
Short Listing: Thursday 22nd April 2021
Interviews: Thursday 29th April 2021
Application packs are available from the main office.
Please email: email@example.com
Or can be found on our website www.eastersideacademy.co.uk in News / Vacancies
Please also see Supporting Documents to download an application pack from this page.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.