Temporary SEN Teaching Assistant
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£18,933 - £19,698 pro rata
Schools - Support
Butterknowle Primary School
Temporary EYFS Teaching Assistant (SEN) Required From 1st September 2021 until 31st August 2022
Grade 3 £18,933 - £19,698 pro rata
The Governors at Butterknowle Primary School are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to support a child in EYFS with special needs.
This post is dependent on the child remaining at our school, if the child leaves then the position will end.
The post is to commence 1 September 2021. The successful candidate will become part of a committed team who have high expectations and believe in respect and success for all.
We are looking for an excellent Teaching Assistant who is able to demonstrate the following:
• Has experience of working with children with special educational needs
• Is familiar with the EYFS curriculum
• Is committed to the ethos of our school
• Promotes excellence, enjoyment and fun in learning
• Is able to work as part of a team
In return we can offer:
• The opportunity to be part of a friendly, successful team in a happy school
• A commitment to supporting staff wellbeing
• Motivated and well-behaved children
• An excellent partnership with families
Calculation of term time only plus two weeks’ pay
Term time only plus two additional weeks’ pay is calculated on the basis of the following:
• Number of ‘teaching’ weeks – 38 weeks; plus
• Public (bank) holidays – 1.6 weeks (8 days); plus
• Two additional weeks, inclusive of CPD – 2 weeks; plus
• Individual leave entitlement - 5.2 weeks (26 days) or 6.2 weeks (31 days)
Individual leave entitlement is calculated on the length of continuous service.
Employees with less than 5 years’ service will receive 26 days annual leave.
Employees with more than 5 years’ service will receive 31 days annual leave.
Calculation for employees with less than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 26 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 46.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Calculation for employees with more than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 31 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 47.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
Visits to the school are welcomed and can be arranged by contacting the school office.
Application packs are available from the North East Jobs website and returnable to the school via email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications should be accompanied by a letter referring to the person specification.
The closing date for applications is on Wednesday 26th May at 12:00 noon.
It is anticipated that short listing will take place on Thursday 27th May and interviews will be held on Friday 11th June.
This post is not open to job share.
Butterknowle Primary School
Tel: 01388 718369