Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 07/05/2021 12:00
£20,092 - £22,183
Schools - Support
TEACHING ASSISTANT SEND (FIXED TERM)
Grade 5 (SCP 7-12) £20,092 – £22,183 per annum
(pro-rata for term-time working)
32.5hrs per week
Stephenson Way Academy and Nursery School is one of seven schools that form part of Tudhoe Learning Trust. Situated in Newton Aycliffe, Durham, SWANS is a friendly and welcoming school that serves the community. We are seeking to appoint a qualified Teaching Assistant experienced in supporting pupils with SEND in the classroom. The position is required as soon as possible and will be supporting a pupil with additional needs i.e. autism, MLD, ADHD in Year 1 on a 1:1 and fixed term basis.
The successful candidate will be available to work from 8.30am until 3.30pm Monday to Friday during term time. The post will continue until 21st July 2022 (the post is fixed-term subject to continuation of funding).
The successful candidate will:
• have experience of supporting teaching and learning in the classroom (1:1 and small groups)
• demonstrate the highest standards of classroom practice.
• be responsive, flexible and sensitive to the differing needs of pupils. Particularly those with SEND.
• monitor behaviour and work in accordance with EHCP’s.
• communicate effectively in a variety of situations.
• use ICT competently both in classroom practice and for own professional work.
• build and sustain effective working relationships with all members of the school community.
• work flexibly with a commitment to continuity and quality of education.
• be focused and driven to ensure that all children fulfil their potential.
• be innovative and seek to continually develop.
Closing date for applications: Friday 7th May 2021 by 12 (noon)
Interviews will be held on: Thursday 20th May 2021
For more information about the role, school or Trust please contact Mrs. Tracy Page, Head Teacher on 01325 300324. Visits to the school may be arranged via the school office for either Thursday 13th May or Monday 17th May at 3.30pm
Applications will only be considered on a Trust application form.
An application pack for the post is available via this website.
Application forms should be returned to the Trust HR Manager via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Trust is committed to promoting the welfare of and safeguarding all children in its schools and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references and you will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS Check.
This job is closed for applications.