Year 1 Classroom Teacher with TLR2b
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 10/05/2021 12:00
£ Main Pay Range/Upper Pay Range (starting point depending on candidate)
Schools - Teaching
Town End Academy
Town End Farm
Year 1 Class Teacher with TLR 2b: Lead Practitioner for Early Literacy and Maths
Full Time - Main Pay Range/Upper Pay Range (starting point depending on candidate)
Required: 1st September 2021
Vacancy reference: TE/Y1TLR/SEPT21/EJ
The mission of WISE academies is to provide a high quality educational community, which offers life-changing opportunities in a safe, creative and exciting environment.
The Trust wishes to appoint a dynamic, well-qualified and committed Lead Practitioner with specific responsibility for a core curriculum subject. We are looking for someone who will make a significant contribution to the outcomes of our children at Town End Academy. This is both an exciting opportunity to join our senior leadership team and an excellent preparation for future senior leadership positions.
Town End Academy is part of the WISE Academies group, which is a successful multi-academy trust. Town End offers high quality provision in the heart of its community.
We would like to appoint someone who:
• Has vision, energy and enthusiasm for making learning exciting.
• Has a passion for teaching.
• Has emerging leadership skills and some experience of coaching, supporting and working to improve teaching and learning.
• Is an experienced and outstanding KS1 classroom practitioner with consistently high expectations for our children’s achievement, behaviour and personal development.
• Has excellent subject knowledge in early reading and maths development from entry to the end of KS1 particularly in phonics and how to achieve best outcomes for pupils
• Will work as part of the strategic leadership team to drive and lead school improvement.
• Can inspire and motivate pupils and colleagues.
• Can demonstrate consistently outstanding classroom practice and support others.
• Is committed to obtaining high standards of achievement and behaviour.
• Will be confident in planning, assessing and target setting to meet the needs of all children in their class.
• Has excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
• Is fully committed to working collaboratively and be an active, dedicated member of our team.
• Will actively show initiative and work independently.
• Is enthusiastic, flexible and committed to raising standards of attainment and achievement for all children.
• Able to promote links within WISE Academies and with the wider community.
• Is willing to uphold and develop the ethos of WISE Academies.
We can offer you:
• ‘A happy place to learn and work’ OFSTED 2020
• The opportunity to be part of a dynamic and passionate team, in Town End and as part of WISE Academies.
• The opportunity to develop as a leader within our dedicated, collaborative and passionate senior leadership team.
• Exceptionally enthusiastic children who are eager to learn.
• A creative environment that supports and enhances our vision and inclusive ethos.
• An attractive and well-resourced school in the heart of its community.
• A commitment to managing staff workload and well-being at all times.
• On- going commitment to your professional development.
WISE Academies set high expectations for staff and students in order to meet our mission and raise standards.
WISE Academies safeguards and protects its students and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Local Safeguarding Board Procedures. This post is exempt from the rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subjects to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Applicants must have authorisation to work in the U.K.
For an application pack and further details, please see the supporting documents section of this advert. For any queries, please contact WISE Recruitment Team by telephone 0191 7070125 [option 5] or e-mail email@example.com
Completed application forms can be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 12 noon on Monday 10th May 2021
Shortlisting: Tuesday 11th May 2021
Interviews: Tuesday 17th May 2021
If you have not received any notification before the interview date, please presume that your application has been unsuccessful.
This job is closed for applications.