Level 4 Teaching Assistant (new Primary SEMH Unit) - Red Hall Primary School
Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
BAND 9, Point 24 - 27: £25,734.03 - £28,134.03
Schools - Support
Required to commence as soon as possible.
The pupils, staff and governors are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, creative and inspiring teaching assistant who is passionate about learning and committed to nurturing the emotional well-being of children.
The post is working within a brand new unit, providing a safe and nurturing environment for Primary School aged pupils with Education, Health and Care Plans with a primary need of Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties.
Our brand new provision is a new building attached to Red Hall Primary School, a mainstream primary school in Darlington. The post is required from May 2021 (or as soon as possible) to work with the Head Teacher and Teacher in Charge, to help turn our plans for this provision into reality, with the aim of our first children joining us in September 2021.
We are looking for individuals who:
• Are adaptable and reflective practitioners who have lots of experience of working with children with SEMH and additional needs.
• Have the flexibility to work with pupils from Key Stage 1 to Key Stage 2 but have significant experience of working with children in Early Years and Key Stage 1.
• Have very good classroom organisation and very strong behaviour management skills.
• Have experience or knowledge of working with children affected by trauma and ACES and understands the concept that behavior is a form of communication
• Have experience of delivering interventions focused on behavior and social and emotional wellbeing.
• Have a clear understanding of the needs of all pupils and have experience of developing and delivering flexible and individual curriculums.
• Are passionate about developing strong, working relationships with children, parents/carers and the school community.
• Have worked within a multi-agency approach and have a good understanding of working within a team.
If you have the skills and ambition to make a positive contribution to our team, we would love to hear from you.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to a successful DBS clearance (certificate of disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring service) and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before an appointment is confirmed.
If you would like visit the school and have an informal chat with the Head Teacher, please contact the school office to arrange this. Visits will be arranged outside of school hours in a Covid secure way.
Application forms must be returned direct to the Head Teacher at the above email address.
Closing date: Friday 14th May
Interviews: Thursday 20th May