Teaching Assistant - Thornaby Church of England Primary School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 16/06/2021 12:00
£19,698 pro rata. NJS Grade D
Hours per week:
28 hours per week
Schools - Support
Start date: 16th Sept 2021
This post is to cover a maternity leave from October 2021 until 27th May 2022 to support a child with a SEN funding.
Thornaby Church of England Primary, part of the Dales Academy Trust, promotes the highest standards for all of our children. The Head Teacher and Governors wish to appoint a motivated and committed Teaching Assistant to support a pupil with cochlea implants within Y3. The successful candidate will also be required to support him and small groups of pupils with their learning. L2 British sign language is essential and experience of supporting SEN pupils would be an advantage. We are looking for a good team player who is able to work well as part of a supportive staff, as well as having an ability to foster excellent working relationships with children. Our school environment is a very caring, nurturing one and we value and celebrate the achievements of every child. We take pride in our church school ethos.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a team player who is committed to the aims and ethos of our school
• Have successful experience of supporting learning in a primary school
• Be enthusiastic about working with young children, and able to relate well to staff, parents and children
• Have a L2 British sign language qualification
• Have excellent written and oral communication skills
• Be flexible and confident in supporting children’s learning in a classroom setting
• Have a positive, consistent approach to behaviour management
• Be able to work under supervision and also use their own initiative
What we can offer:
• Happy and welcoming pupils, staff, governors and parents
• Pupils with good behaviour and a thirst for knowledge
• A warm, supportive environment in which to work, learn and develop
• Opportunity to work in collaboration with other schools and be part of the establishment of the Dales Academies Trust
• A chance to be part of a caring, Christian environment with exciting visions for the future
The successful candidate will become part of a team that is enthusiastically driving the schools forward and building upon their achievements and strengths. We are a warm, inclusive family school with a strong Christian ethos, a sense of community and a commitment to excellence for all children in our care. We aim to ensure that our children feel safe, happy and achieve their potential as a unique individual and as a learner. Christian values are at the heart of all that we do.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The school is also committed to safer recruitment procedures. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check.
We welcome visitors to our school and would really like to meet you prior to your application. If you would like to request an application pack or arrange a visit to the school, please contact the school office and speak to Mrs Sandie Strachan or Mrs Faye Hutt (01642 763060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org).
The school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
Application forms and further details are available from the school office on email@example.com and should be returned to the school by email by 16th June 2021 at 12 noon.
Interviews will take place during week beginning 21st June 2021. Venue for Interview Thornaby Church of England School.
This job is closed for applications.