Funding Development Manager
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£26,260 - £30,298
Youth / Community / Leisure Services
North Shields with Home Working
Purpose and Values:
Rise has a vision to create a higher quality of life for communities that need it the most in Northumberland and Tyne & Wear. Our purpose, which sets out how we intend to achieve that vision, is to help our partners to unlock the power of physical activity and collectively effect long-term system change in order to positively impact more lives across our region. We want to enable our partners to see things differently, work smarter, and maximise their results using physical activity.
Our values are the foundation of how we act individually and collectively as the Rise team. We will:
• Catalyse change: we believe that change is possible and we’re ready to lead the exploration;
• Positively disrupt: to challenge the norm and cause radical change through innovation and learning; and
• Collaborate: together we are greater than the sum of our parts. People make the change.
Diversity and Inclusion at Rise:
Rise is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. We wish to increase the diversity of our staff and welcome applicants from all sections of the community, particularly from people with disabilities and those from ethnically diverse backgrounds, as these groups are currently under-represented within our workforce.
We welcome requests for flexible working, including part-time working or job sharing.
The Funding Development Manager will have responsibility for:
1. bringing additional funding for physical activity and related activities into Rise and the wider Northumberland and Tyne & Wear system through:
• Sourcing funding for physical activity-related work based on insight and an understanding of priorities and identified local need, on behalf of Rise and our partnerships; and
• Advising, supporting and developing partners within the system, with a focus on our priority areas/groups, to understand where the opportunities for funding are and building their capacity and capability to be able to access such opportunities; and
2. enabling Rise to diversify our income sources in order to contribute to our longer-term sustainability and therefore our ability to deliver on our purpose.
All applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org using the application form which is available by clicking here. Please note CVs will not be accepted.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact David Marrin (Strategic Director, South of Tyne) on 07791 931922 or email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on 25th June 2021
Anticipated interview dates: w/c 12th or 19th July 2021
Terms and Conditions:
Salary: £26,260 - £30,298 per annum. Please note that appointments are usually made with a salary offer starting at the lower end of the scale.
Annual Leave: 28 days plus public holidays
Contributory Pension Scheme: Rise offers a Defined Contribution Pension Scheme to our staff. Employee contributions are from 2%, and Rise contributes 6%.
Probationary Period: 6 months
Hours: 37 hours per week