DBS939/21 Teacher - Southlands School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 11/06/2021 12:00
£25,714 - £41,604 pa pro rata
Schools - Teaching
Southlands School, Beach Road, North Shields, Tyne and Wear, NE30 2QR
Required September 2021.
The Head Teacher and Governors of Southlands School would like to appoint a highly motivated, skilled and enthusiastic Teacher to work mostly within our maths department at our Melrose site, based in Longbenton.
The ideal candidate will bring with them:
• Experience and knowledge gained in other schools
• Experience teaching maths up to GCSE level or functional skills level 1 and 2.
• A commitment and enthusiasm for special needs education,
• An adaptable, enthusiastic and team orientated manner.
The successful candidate will:
• Be responsible for a tutor group,
• Teach students aged 11-16 with autism,
• Teach mostly in maths but be able to teach across the curriculum when required,
• Be able to demonstrate a range of teaching strategies required to inspire and motivate students
• Be prepared to undertake CPD appropriate to support their role.
Southlands School can offer
• The opportunity to work with 32 unique and rewarding students,
• A friendly, welcoming and supportive environment,
• Weekly CPD sessions,
• An experienced and dedicated team.
This post is 26 hours per week (0.8 FTE), fixed term until the 31st August 2022.
Application forms available from: https://www.southlandsnt.org.uk/
Or during term time by contacting: email@example.com
Southlands School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant employment checks deemed appropriate.
This job is closed for applications.