Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 18/06/2021 12:00
£20,092 - £21,748 (Band 4)
Schools - Support
The Governors of Northburn Primary School are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiastic and reliable caretaker to join our staff team.
The main role as a caretaker at Northburn Primary school is to provide high standards of cleanliness, security and maintenance of the school premises and grounds. The role includes handy person activities and supervision of cleaning staff.
• Support the ethos of the school.
• Ensure the smooth running of the site and building.
• Be highly motivated and have good problem solving skills.
• Have awareness of Health & Safety, security and hygiene issues.
• Assist with the maintenance and upkeep of the premises, including fixtures, fittings and furniture.
• Undertake inspections to ensure necessary safe operation and that the legislative requirements are met.
• Carry out any cleaning duties that may be required both in school and on the school grounds.
• Enjoy working as part of a team, be adaptable and supportive of colleagues.
• Have excellent organisation and communication skills.
Responsible to the Headteacher, the successful applicant will have the responsibility for the cleanliness, maintenance and security of the school premises and site. They will have responsibility for the cleaning of designated areas of the school and also ensure that the work of other cleaning staff is completed to the required standards.
This position is full time, which means that you will be in attendance at work all year round (52 weeks a year) and will have an annual leave entitlement (25 days if you have less than 5 years continuous local government service, 30 days if you have in excess of 5 years’ continuous local government service. Annual leave is to be taken during school holidays.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed, please contact the school office on :01670 739111 to make an appointment.
Closing date Friday 18th June 2021 at 12 Noon
Shortlisting Monday 21st June 2021
Interviews Thursday 24th June 2021
Choose one of the following methods for providing the application pack:
An application pack, including an application form, is available online or by telephoning Jane Davison at the school office, quoting the website vacancy number.
Completed application forms should be returned directly to the school by Friday 18th June 2021
School Name: Northburn Primary School
Full address: Horton Drive
Postcode: NE23 3QS
Tel.: 01670 739111
Website address: Northburn Primary School
All adverts will close at midday on the closing date and are withdrawn at that time from the website.
This job is closed for applications.