Service Manager - Adult Services
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 13/06/2021 23:59
Band 14 £47,828 - £50,772 annually
Social Care - Adult Service
Central House, Darlington. DL3 6JX (currently supporting agile working)
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Social Care or Health professional for the role of Service Manager to support specialist services within the Local Authority. You will have responsibility and oversight of the Adult Safeguarding function, Mental Health Services, (Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards/ Liberty Protection Safeguards), Lifestages and Provider Services.
As the Service Manager you will lead the Team Managers and encourage and motivate colleagues within the Service. You will be a key member of the Senior Leadership Team ensuring that we manage our services and resources efficiently and effectively. You will also play a leading role in the Adult Transformation Programme across Darlington which will continue to modernise and develop services into the future.
This is a key appointment in helping us to achieve our vision of promoting independence, building on strengths and placing individuals at the heart of everything we do.
If you are an enthusiastic, positive and motivated individual, committed to high standards and delivering good outcomes then we would love to hear from you.
Your reward for working at the Council goes beyond the salary you receive. In addition to pay, we are committed to provide a wide range of other benefits, such as:
• Access to a high-quality programme of evidence-based learning and development to enhance skills and practice;
• 31 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, with option to purchase additional Annual Leave (pro-rata for part time working)
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme with option to make Additional
• Flexi-time scheme
• Enhanced Maternity/Paternity and Adoption Leave payments
• Green Car Leasing Scheme
• Cycle to Work Scheme in partnership with Halfords
• Access to free Physiotherapy sessions
• Access to free, confidential counselling
• Reduced cost membership for the Dolphin Centre’s Fit for Life Package
• Season ticket car parking permits or subsidised Town Centre parking permits subject to criteria
• Access to Childcare Vouchers scheme subject to criteria
• Access to a wide range of training
• Discounted Arriva Travel Pass
For detailed information on this role, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification. For a further informal discussion, please contact Geraldine Earley (Acting Head of Service) on 01325 406211 or Kevin Kelly, Head of Service on 01325 406126.
The post requires a satisfactory Enhanced DBS disclosure.
This job is closed for applications.