Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Grade 12 £36,922 - £40,876
Social Care - Children Service
An approved team location
Children and Young People's Services
Children's Social Care
Children's Home Manager
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our growing team as a Children’s Home Manager.
You will join us at a really exciting time as we expand our residential provision, developing homes which meet the individual needs of young people, and creating teams who are invested in, well supported and skilled in trauma-based approaches to work alongside children and young people with a range of different needs.
We are looking for someone who:
• Puts children and young people at the centre of everything they do,
• Has proven people management skills within a residential setting,
• Has knowledge and understanding of the Children’s Homes Regulations 2015 and experience of Ofsted inspections,
• Holds the level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare (or equivalent), or can commit to attaining it within 1 year of commencing in post.
As the largest local authority in the North East, and with a growing number of Children’s Homes this is a great place to work with young people. You will benefit from:
• A contributory career average salary pension scheme, car salary sacrifice scheme, interest-free travel loans and discounted gym membership,
• Excellent opportunities for career progression,
• A strong professional development offer,
• Holiday - 26 days holiday per year, increasing to 31 after five years continuous Local Government service, with an option to purchase up to 10 additional days annual leave per year through our salary sacrifice scheme and up to 13 days flexi leave per year,
• Support for family life - Maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave, dependent leave for carers,
• Support when you need it - for example, physiotherapy, a strong wellbeing offer, confidential telephone counselling and Occupational Health service.
• Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare or equivalent
• Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare or equivalent, or have significant experience in a role requiring the supervision and management of staff working in a care role and commit to attaining the Level 5 Diploma within 1 year of commencing in post.
The successful applicant for this post will be required to apply for a Disclosure & Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure.
We encourage you to speak to Darren Bird (Service Manager) about the post before submitting your application. Darren can be contacted by e-mail at Darren.Bird@durham.gov.uk
It is anticipated that interviews will be held week commencing 21st June 2021.
Please note: this post is not open to job share.
As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
Apply on-line via the jobs portal or for further assistance contact the Payroll and Employee Services Team on telephone no. 03000 264086 or email
In line with the County Council’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CV’s. Any information provided on CV’s will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’ as you will not be notified by any other means.