Teaching Assistant Level 2
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 16/06/2021 12:00
NJC point 5 £11,708 Approx Salary (based on T.T.O.)
Schools - Support
Tel: 01642 273006
Fax: 01642 273011
Principal: Mrs Delyth Linacre
Level 2 Teaching Assistant – Infant
Assessment Class / High Needs Base
LEVEL 2 Teaching Assistant Post
Rec/KS1 High Needs Base
Term Time Only
NJC point 5 £11,708.00 Approx Salary (based on T.T.O.)
Hours: 27 ½ Hrs
Contractual Status: Fixed Term – 1st September 2021 until 31st August 2022
The Academy is looking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced TA to provide support for children within our Reception / KS1 High Needs Base with additional needs.
We offer a lively, inclusive learning environment where every child is valued and ‘given the chance to shine’.
The successful candidate:
• Loves working with children and puts their wellbeing first.
• Understands how to support a child with additional needs in a caring and sensitive way.
• Relishes the opportunity to support children with additional needs and flexible in adapting to their needs
• Makes learning visible through inquiry and can make learning fun.
• Takes their own initiative to assess and evaluate pupils’ needs.
• Embraces creativity and looks for imaginative solutions to difficulties.
• Has good standards of English and verbal communication skills.
• Has experience of supporting the teaching and learning of early Maths and English skills within a school setting.
• Is hard working and passionate about engaging children in learning and overcoming barriers.
• Has the ability to work under direction of class teachers and higher level teaching assistants.
• Has experience of monitoring behaviour and working in line with ECHP's / SEND Support Plans.
• Is flexible and enjoys working as part of a team.
• Show commitment to their own professional learning and engages in training.
• A friendly and dynamic working environment.
• Excellent CPD opportunities.
• An atmosphere where the sharing of good practice and skills are encouraged – everyone is a ‘learner’.
• High expectations of pupil behaviour and pupil progress.
• Enthusiastic children!
The successful applicant must be reliable and adaptable, have positive attitudes and be able to engage actively in a wide range of activities. The successful candidate will need to show good levels of initiative.
Easterside Academy is a caring and supportive school, where we celebrate the achievement of all our pupils and strive towards continuous improvement. Our school ethos is one of commitment to the education of the whole child, fostering parental and community engagement and nurturing a sense of belonging.
The successful candidate will join a team of teaching assistants committed to raising standards and providing quality support to the teaching and learning agenda.
Easterside Academy is committed to the professional development of all staff.
Closing date: 12 noon Wednesday 16th June 2021
Short Listing: Friday 18th June 2021
Interviews: Thursday 24th June 2021
Application packs are available from the school
Please email: email@example.com
Or phone: 01642 273006 to have an application e-mailed over to you.
Alternatively you can call into the school in person to collect a pack.
Easterside Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
This job is closed for applications.