Teaching Assistant Level 2 - Rothbury First School
Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Schools - Support
Rothbury First School
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, flexible, friendly Level 2 Teaching Assistant. Our ideal
candidate will have experience of working with children across the Nursery to Year 4 age range and will be able to teach and support children effectively, working closely with Class teachers.
The successful candidate will work primarily in KS2, but will need to be flexible to the changing staffing needs in a small school.
We are seeking a person who can;
- Establish good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and responding to the needs of each individual child.
- Demonstrate challenging expectations that encourage children’s independence and build self esteem.
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement
- Assist with the development and implementation of SEND support plans.
- Monitor and evaluate pupils’ responses to learning activities through observation and planned recording of achievement against agreed learning objectives.
- Contribute evidence/information for EHCP reviews.
- Lead and deliver activities, monitoring attainment and progress.
- Teach/support a phonics programme.
A paediatric first aid qualification is desirable but not essential.
Visits to our school are possible and will be conducted outside of school hours, following the covid safe restrictions in place. A virtual tour could be accommodated, should this be requested. Please telephone to make an appointment with our Headteachers, Cheryl Auld and Helen Duffield. Further information about the school can be found on our website.
This post is a one year fixed term contract initially.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced criminal records check is
required for this post.
Further information about the school can be found on our website.
Applications should be returned to School by midday on Friday 18th June 2020. Application forms can be handed, or posted, into the main school office or emailed to
School Name: Rothbury First School
Full address: Addycombe, Rothbury
Postcode: NE65 7PG
Tel.: 01669 620283
Website address: http://www.rothburyfirst.northumberland.sch.uk/
Salary amounts quoted are subject to an equated salary adjustment if you commence employment part way through the academic year.