Please See Advert Text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Youth / Community / Leisure Services
Foundation of Light, the registered charity of Sunderland Football Club, aims to involve, educate and inspire people of all ages from Sunderland, South Tyneside and Durham to improve their life chances, using football as the motivator. We are proud of our history and culture, our innovative and proactive solutions to community problems, and our people. We are now looking to add to our passionate and enthusiastic team.
The Foundation have a fantastic opportunity for a passionate, creative and innovative individual to join at an exciting time as we continue to drive the Beacon of Light’s potential, allowing us to re-invest into our communities through the Foundation of Light.
Based at the award-winning Beacon of Light in Sunderland, the successful candidate will lead on the programming and timetabling of the sports facilities.
You will have experience of working in a target driven environment and the hunger to exceed targets.
Strong communication and relationship building skills, a great track record of achieving targets and the ability to create opportunities that deliver upon business needs are a must. We are looking for somebody who demonstrates a strong drive and creative commercial vision who is excited by a fast-paced environment.
About the Role:
Your key accountabilities will include:-
• Ensuring we maximise the sports bookings in the Sports Arena, Indoor football barn and the outdoor pitches
• Actively seek out new partnership opportunities through cold calling, networking, direct targeting and via business related social media
• Understanding the grassroots sporting environment
• Be aware of all opportunities within the organisation to ensure the ability to cross promote
• Building relationships with National Governing Bodies, grassroots clubs and community groups
• Provide monthly sales reports against targets
• Work with the marketing and communications team to produce relevant sales material and identify marketing opportunities to support the sales function
• The successful candidate will be required to carry out Duty Manager shifts.
• Supporting the Lead Duty Manager in the day-to-day management of the complex, including programming of sports bookings and operational management of sports and events facilities. The position entails working flexible hours to provide duty management cover at all times.
Your skills and experience will include:-
• Strong communication skills across all levels
• Ability to demonstrate personal resilience to achieve great results
• Highly self-motivated and confident
• You will have a strong attention to detail in terms of diary management and following up within agreed timeframes
• You will have a passion for customer service, have a process orientated approach and be professional and well-presented
• You must have previous sales experience and a proven track record of delivering upon targets
• Flexibility towards work and hours
• You will have a valid UK Driving Licence
Interested applicants should request an application pack by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or downloading packs from our website www.foundationoflight.co.uk. CVs are not accepted. Candidates who have not heard within six weeks of application should assume they have been unsuccessful.
The closing date is 18 June 2021
Appointments may be subject to an enhanced DBS Check
· Foundation of Light is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Foundation of Light · Beacon of Light · Sunderland · SR5 1SN
Tel: 0191 563 4777
Registered Charity No 1089333