Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£32,234 - £34,728 per annum
Hours per week:
37 hours per week
HR / Training
Town Hall, currently home/blended working
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a committed HR Advisor to join a small supportive and experienced HR Advisory team providing high quality HR advice across all service within the Council.
If you thrive in a busy and diverse environment, then this role will suit you. We are looking for a HR Advisor with approximately three years’ experience of dealing with the full range of complex employee relations casework and can manage a varied workload. Working as part of a small team, you will play a key role in delivering a professional and efficient HR advisory service to managers and employees within the Council.
The successful candidate will have detailed knowledge of employment law and HR policy and best practice. Excellent communication skills and the ability to quickly develop credibility and strong relationships with key stakeholders within the allocated service areas are also essential. Working knowledge of Local Government terms and conditions would be an advantage.
What’s in it for you?
Your reward for working at the Council goes beyond the salary you receive. In addition to pay, we are committed to offering a wide range of benefits. Such as:
• 31 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, with option to purchase Additional Annual Leave
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme with option to make Additional Voluntary Contributions
• Flexi-time scheme
• Enhanced Maternity/Paternity and Adoption Leave payments
• Green Car leasing scheme
• Cycle to Work scheme in partnership with Halfords
• Access to free Physiotherapy sessions
• Access to free, confidential counselling
• Reduced cost membership to the Council’s leisure centre Fit for Life Package
• Season ticket car parking permits or subsidised Town Centre parking permits subject to conditions
• Access to Childcare Vouchers scheme subject to conditions
• Access to a wide range of training
• Discounted Arriva Bus Travel Pass
For detailed information on this role, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification. For a further informal discussion, please contact Corina Dias, HR Manager, on 01325 405472.
Please note that the interviews for this post are likely to take place during week commencing 5 July 2021.