PE and School Sport Support Officer
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 11/06/2021 12:00
Grade N4 £19,312 - £ 20,493 (£13,044 - £13,842 Actual)
Schools - Support
Newcastle PE and School Sport Service is based at Benfield School in the east of Newcastle upon Tyne and is part of NEAT Academy Trust, a family of six primary and secondary schools. At the heart of our trust is the aim to nurture, educate, achieve and transform the lives of all young people within the communities we serve across the North East.
Our service covers the whole of Newcastle upon Tyne engaging with and delivering a variety of programmes and services to First, Primary, Middle and High Schools. We provide high quality PE and sporting opportunities to children and young people in order to raise participation that will ultimately encourage and motivate them to lead Healthy Active Lifestyles.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and passionate PE and School Sport Support Officer. The successful candidate will have experience of delivering PE, including Sport specific formats and extra-curricular activities in primary and secondary schools. There is the potential to increase hours, including out of term time hours as part of the Holiday Provision programme and this will be subject to review during the academic year.
We are looking for a PE and School Sport Service Support Officer who can inspire and who:
• Has a NGB Level 2 Coaching Qualification.
• Experience planning, delivering and evaluating activity sessions for young people.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to provide feedback to children, teachers and parents.
• Self-motivated, energetic and hard-working.
In return we offer:
• A supportive, collaborative environment.
• Mentoring from an experienced leadership team who are passionate about getting children physically active.
• A team of hardworking, dedicated and friendly staff where everyone is valued.
• A commitment to continuing professional development.
• The benefit of working in a highly collaborative multi academy trust.
If you would like to join us and feel you could thrive in a collegiate and positive atmosphere, then please read the accompanying person specification and job description and return a completed application form, criminal records declaration form and equalities monitoring form by e- mail to PEServices@benfield.newcastle.sch.uk no later than 12.00 noon on Friday 11th June.
NEAT Academy Trust are committed to safer recruitment practice and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This job is closed for applications.